Powered by Outside

Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
odin333 wrote:
i don't think he really know what he's talking about considering he's not even a member for a day yet.(correct me if i'm wrong). but those "chips" he's talking about that they put in dogs and cats are a little bar code type thing which the vet preloads your information on (dog owner, phone number, city, adress, etc.) then they stick it in a neatle and inject it into the animals neck. its the same idea as a collar but if someone finds your dog and brings it to the humain society they take pretty much the same thing as the people at a cash register use and scan the dogs neck. it picks up the chip and all the information is their. unless someones planning on brining your stollen bike to petsmart its not really going to help.

but their also is an actual tracker... but you stick it on your dogs collar and is about 4 inches long by 2 inches wide, you could hide it down your frame, but the reciever really only works for a few kilometers and most bike theifs would probably notice it.

Your wrong. I got my dog at the spca and they put the chip in there. They have to anyways. And they can track the dog down if he gets lost.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
odin333 wrote:
i don't think he really know what he's talking about considering he's not even a member for a day yet.(correct me if i'm wrong). but those "chips" he's talking about that they put in dogs and cats are a little bar code type thing which the vet preloads your information on (dog owner, phone number, city, adress, etc.) then they stick it in a neatle and inject it into the animals neck. its the same idea as a collar but if someone finds your dog and brings it to the humain society they take pretty much the same thing as the people at a cash register use and scan the dogs neck. it picks up the chip and all the information is their. unless someones planning on brining your stollen bike to petsmart its not really going to help.

but their also is an actual tracker... but you stick it on your dogs collar and is about 4 inches long by 2 inches wide, you could hide it down your frame, but the reciever really only works for a few kilometers and most bike theifs would probably notice it.

oh yeah, the length of my membership has something to do with my knowledge. ok, see how far that philosphy gets you in life. what i'm talking about is a product in america that can track your pet, bike whatever through computers and the internet. its for lost pets so you can see on GPS or through the vet where your tracker is at.
i was not refering to a digital collar. i know what i am talking about.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
thank you dotca. good to have some knowledgeable folks around.

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
DylanG wrote:
ivlikevmeat wrote:
I got to knox and the bike racks are fenced in. they lock them rite when school starts and open them at the end of the day so its fairly safe.

what if you go home for lunch, or have like a 2nd period spare that woudl kinda suck cuz i wouldent feel like wating for some guy to come unlock the fence and at lunch i need to get home fast by the time lunch rolls around i am starving
its a middle school so we dont get spares unless your in retard classes and your spare is supervised in a classrom for teachers to help you with homework, also we get in shit if we leave for lunch without a parent to checheck us out (to many people left at lunch and didnt come back)

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
thats cool i lock my frame to the rack never got stolen 800 dollar bike

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
i havent read the comments before mine cause im to lazy to so i hope my input helps. 2 of my friends have had there bike stolen from school ( norco atomik and .243) and my towns small everyone knows each other and u wouldnt think of ur bike getting stolen. so basically dont ride it to school because there is a chance of it getting stolen unless u can lock it up inside the school

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
I wanna ride mine too, but I need to put it inside somewhere, I have gym first period so I could put it in a storage room, but then I wouldn't get it till the end of the day and I wanna ride at lunch? I don't know what to do either?

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
how about leave it at home?

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
my brother rides his 2007 big hit 3 to school all the time.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
i ride my pimped out 06 p2 to school everyday cause i'm a risk taker Razz

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
nick65 wrote:
i ride my pimped out 06 p2 to school everyday cause i'm a risk taker Razz

You won't be smilin' when you get out of class only to discover you have to walk home... thats not so bad as a risk that might kill ya... but why would you take a risk on your life? Likewise with ons bike...my bike = my life... my bike is a theraputic thing... relives stress and alleviates bad things that weight heavily on my mind...

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
if a at a skool full of chavs then no way in hell.

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
Some chick did an economics paper on this when I was going to school. She did the math and the long and the short of it was, even if you 2500 bike got stolen every year, (or you bought a new one ever year) its still cheaper than owning a car, or taking a cab. I don't know if she worked time of travel into the equation, in fact I don't remember much about university. So, you gotta go to school, arrive in style! I rode a 4000 road bike to school for 3 years, drop bars are soo00 uncool to bike thieves that I probably could have left it unlocked. lol

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
occasionaly i ride my sunday too school but it goes in a special locked room so not much can happen realy

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
depends what kinda school you go to. also if theres other decent bike not just a bunch of wally world junkers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012687
Mobile Version of Website