Powered by Outside

Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
my new 2019 foxy carbon xr 27.5 . im loving this bike so far but im still trying to dial in the rear super deluxe and mondraker dont seem to any set up info for it like they do other combinations . how have people set theirs up ? less sag with no tokens or more sag with tokens to avoid bottoming out?

photo

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 1:05 Quote
theraggyone wrote:
my new 2019 foxy carbon xr 27.5 . im loving this bike so far but im still trying to dial in the rear super deluxe and mondraker dont seem to any set up info for it like they do other combinations . how have people set theirs up ? less sag with no tokens or more sag with tokens to avoid bottoming out?

photo

On my Dune 2016 (Fox Float) i've put tokens to avoid bottoming out

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Hello everyone
Looking into purchasing a Foxy Carbon R. Have ridden primarily Intense previously. I am 6' 150lbs and enjoy a more playful bike. Back and forth on getting a medium or a large. I don't have access to a bike to try.. hoping for some input!
Thanks!

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 14:39 Quote
DANKimball wrote:
Hello everyone
Looking into purchasing a Foxy Carbon R. Have ridden primarily Intense previously. I am 6' 150lbs and enjoy a more playful bike. Back and forth on getting a medium or a large. I don't have access to a bike to try.. hoping for some input!
Thanks!

Hi, I´m about your same height and before purchasing a size L alloy Foxy R I´ve tried both alloy and carbon M sizes and also a size L carbon. I opted for alloy version for being a tiny bit longer as I felt my previous bikes were small for me and because I simply prefer alloy.

I´m specifying alloy or carbon because there is geometrical differencie between them, alloy´s have a 5mm longer reach and also have a 12mm (6mm on size S) longer wheelbase than carbon models.

Looking at the geometry numbers of the Intense Carbine 29 the size XL has the same reach of the size M foxy but with longer chainstays (445mm the carbine and 425 the foxy) therefore longer wheelbase, on the other side Size L of the Carbine has similar wheelbase to the size L foxy carbon (3mm difference). It is said that a bike with shorter chainstays will corner better and with the longer reach of the foxy high speed stability wouldn't be affected as much as on a regular reach bike if we were compararing same size on both bikes. Either way you go you'll have to get used to the foxy because even with the M size you´d have at least 20mm reach increase with a modern size L intense.

I hope I cleared your mind a bit Wink

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
Also I forgot to show it, this is mine! Cool

New rig Mondraker Foxy R 29 2020 size L

New rig

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
DANKimball wrote:
Hello everyone
Thanks!

Hi, I´m about your same height and before purchasing a size L alloy Foxy R I´ve tried both alloy and carbon M sizes and also a size L carbon. I opted for alloy version for being a tiny bit longer as I felt my previous bikes were small for me and because I simply prefer alloy.

I´m specifying alloy or carbon because there is geometrical differencie between them, alloy´s have a 5mm longer reach and also have a 12mm (6mm on size S) longer wheelbase than carbon models.

Looking at the geometry numbers of the Intense Carbine 29 the size XL has the same reach of the size M foxy but with longer chainstays (445mm the carbine and 425 the foxy) therefore longer wheelbase, on the other side Size L of the Carbine has similar wheelbase to the size L foxy carbon (3mm difference). It is said that a bike with shorter chainstays will corner better and with the longer reach of the foxy high speed stability wouldn't be affected as much as on a regular reach bike if we were compararing same size on both bikes. Either way you go you'll have to get used to the foxy because even with the M size you´d have at least 20mm reach increase with a modern size L intense.

I hope I cleared your mind a bit Wink

great help! thank you very much.
your bike looks incredible! enjoy my friend

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
photo

My Second Dune, sucker for a mondraker!!

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 2:20 Quote
Hello from North Sumatera Indonesia, 2 month already with this beast!

Best bike ever Fab
photo

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
Hi there
Considering buying a set of mondraker mkr ep1 rims laced up to Shimano hubs, can anyone tell me how they perform?
My riding is a mix of trail and enduro, some bikepark as well with some aggressive jumps and drops thrown in
Thanks in advance

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
Also I forgot to show it, this is mine! Cool

New rig Mondraker Foxy R 29 2020 size L

New rig

Thanks for all of your help!

I ended up going with a Foxy XR Carbon size medium. Couldn't be happier!

- DanK

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
DANKimball wrote:

- DanK

Cheers!! Nice to read about your new bike. tup

I've also had a couple of rides on the bike and so far I'm feeling really confident on it I thought it would take some more time getting used to the bike but it didn't, first trail I felt just as home with it.

The only thing I changed was the saddle position now is all the way foward as it is on my XC bike.

Photoshoot my new ride

I couldn't left without posting a riding pic now that I have some Razz

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
Echaniz wrote:
DANKimball wrote:

- DanK

Cheers!! Nice to read about your new bike. tup

I've also had a couple of rides on the bike and so far I'm feeling really confident on it I thought it would take some more time getting used to the bike but it didn't, first trail I felt just as home with it.

The only thing I changed was the saddle position now is all the way foward as it is on my XC bike.

Photoshoot my new ride

I couldn't left without posting a riding pic now that I have some Razz

Awesome man! Enjoy!

Cheers!
photo

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Hi everyone, looking to replace the headset on my foxy rr carbon 2018. Anyone help me with the sizes?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 0:20 Quote
KSGK wrote:
Hello from North Sumatera Indonesia, 2 month already with this beast!

Best bike ever Fab
photo

What size tire are you running?

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
Yo everyone,
I just got a 2019 Carbon Foxy R and need to put in a longer dropper. Does anyone know the maximum length you can run on a large frame?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019779
Mobile Version of Website