What is to Light?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is to Light?
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
ya it was in and around 500g for the shock

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 5:04 Quote
futterbuck wrote:
willsoffe wrote:
The socom is marketed as a light frame. I think its about 9 pounds with a ti spring off the top of my head. Its supposed o ride pretty well too.

I think the problem is people expect the bikes to be indestructable to all hucks so when A light one comes out, they go gaga until it snaps and then they slate it. same thing happened with trials frames. I think its a case bikes doing-what-they-say-on-the-tin. People still buy Oranges even though a few people have cracked them because they are light.

Apparently people have started trash talking about the SOCOM for the same reasons. You would have thought ForRaceOnly would give away that the bikes not intended for 20 stone huckers!

Oranges ain't too lite, wasnt it posted already that with dnx and a ti coil they are 11.87lbs or 12.89lbs or somthing like that?

Um, I think they're pretty light actually... I'd be really interested to see a frame with shock and spring spec listed up on the scales to see what it weighs... It cant be far off a socom, after all, it is supposed to be a race bike and its only single pivot.

Anyone know the weight of the 224 evolution or the prototype 225?

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
willsoffe wrote:
futterbuck wrote:
willsoffe wrote:
The socom is marketed as a light frame. I think its about 9 pounds with a ti spring off the top of my head. Its supposed o ride pretty well too.

I think the problem is people expect the bikes to be indestructable to all hucks so when A light one comes out, they go gaga until it snaps and then they slate it. same thing happened with trials frames. I think its a case bikes doing-what-they-say-on-the-tin. People still buy Oranges even though a few people have cracked them because they are light.

Apparently people have started trash talking about the SOCOM for the same reasons. You would have thought ForRaceOnly would give away that the bikes not intended for 20 stone huckers!

Oranges ain't too lite, wasnt it posted already that with dnx and a ti coil they are 11.87lbs or 12.89lbs or somthing like that?

Um, I think they're pretty light actually... I'd be really interested to see a frame with shock and spring spec listed up on the scales to see what it weighs... It cant be far off a socom, after all, it is supposed to be a race bike and its only single pivot.

go back 1 page...

photo

as for the 224 evo and the 225 i dont know weights, but what 225 you talking about, the one with the internal transmission?

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
spag wrote:
willsoffe wrote:
futterbuck wrote:

go back 1 page...

photo

as for the 224 evo and the 225 i dont know weights, but what 225 you talking about, the one with the internal transmission?

Nah, not the Strange. I swear ive seen a 225 prototype somewhere... I may have dreamt it lol. Um its orange and the shock was mounted in a different way...

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://bp3.blogger.com/_QCJLneuEtm0/RuF3159ZaVI/AAAAAAAAARQ/kx_CSy4QN_M/s400/smallorange225proto.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bsphotography.blogspot.com/&h=269&w=400&sz=37&hl=en&start=68&um=1&tbnid=zfL1j0R6MU9MSM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dorange%2B225%26start%3D54%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4HPEB_en-GBGB243GB243%26sa%3DN

Good, im not mad lol...

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
yep ive sat on one its so cool and so so light!

the shocks mounted on the top tube, the downtube near the bb has kink init, wider swingarm or something like that it looks bigger.

oh and the colour of the orange is amazingly bright!

Adam

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
sherbet wrote:
jonlake wrote:
the nomad can still take a helluva beating, I know theres quite a few semi-pros choosing bikes like the reign X and the SXT over demos and glorys for the Ontario DH. even whistler would be fine to a certain extent on a nomad (by that I mean your not gonna see Peat riding a nomad over a V10 for a race)

The bullit also is a good option.
ha bullit for dh racing

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 1:37 Quote
Hi everyone !
I was wondering does anyone have a pic of Commencal supreme DH V2 (2009) with air shock ?

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
^ threads been dead for five years... might as well post a question nothing to do with the title

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011954
Mobile Version of Website