Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 8:15 Quote
Fanatik guys seem to have them on their dreads

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 9:32 Quote
Yeah I saw that in the new review video. Seems cool technology in the new vivid. Seems like it will be a good option if my x2 explodes after a couple months like they are notorious for.

Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 14:51 Quote
does anyone know if the cascade link with a push 11/6 has clearance issues on the 2022 dreadnought?

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 14:40 Quote
Hey bro, just moved from an s2 enduro to a size small dreadnought a month ago and It rocks!!

In my opinion it eats bumps just as well, but it vastly more playful. Fit and geometry feels mint, if you like the fit of your enduro then you will definitely get along with a size small dreadnought.
Slightly longer reach feels great and I've never noticed the rear end growth impacting how I can ride tight trails.

Through berms it rides way better than the enduro, the faster you go and the more you push into the bike the more it gives back!!. Even my friends who I ride with commented on how fast it seems to turn and how poppy and playful it looks.

(I am running 2023 super deluxe air, linear air can, and Manitou Mezzer up front) I run more than recommended pressure in the shock and am at around 25% sag but it is still super supple, definitely no worse than the enduro.

Overall dreadnought is just a better bike, I immediately set PBs on my normal trails. climbs around the same

gkawamura2000 wrote:
Has anyone ridden a size small? I'm 5'5 and currently ride an s2 Enduro. Curious if anyone has any experience or comparisons.

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 15:34 Quote
shaun-the-sheep wrote:
Hey bro, just moved from an s2 enduro to a size small dreadnought a month ago and It rocks!!

In my opinion it eats bumps just as well, but it vastly more playful. Fit and geometry feels mint, if you like the fit of your enduro then you will definitely get along with a size small dreadnought.
Slightly longer reach feels great and I've never noticed the rear end growth impacting how I can ride tight trails.

Through berms it rides way better than the enduro, the faster you go and the more you push into the bike the more it gives back!!. Even my friends who I ride with commented on how fast it seems to turn and how poppy and playful it looks.

(I am running 2023 super deluxe air, linear air can, and Manitou Mezzer up front) I run more than recommended pressure in the shock and am at around 25% sag but it is still super supple, definitely no worse than the enduro.

Overall dreadnought is just a better bike, I immediately set PBs on my normal trails. climbs around the same

gkawamura2000 wrote:
Has anyone ridden a size small? I'm 5'5 and currently ride an s2 Enduro. Curious if anyone has any experience or comparisons.

Thanks so much! I'm really tempted! Also looking at Deviate Claymore. How tall are you?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 16:09 Quote
Just built up a set of we are one convergence wheels laced to DT240s for my dreadnought and love them. Bike definitely feels way more alive. Was not sure about carbon rims on a mountain bike but the ride quality is great.

Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 21:34 Quote
HooperAK wrote:
Just built up a set of we are one convergence wheels laced to DT240s for my dreadnought and love them. Bike definitely feels way more alive. Was not sure about carbon rims on a mountain bike but the ride quality is great.

Triads? Cause I'm looking at picking up a set to replace the ex471's I've been running the last few months. Just going to reuse my i9 hydras

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 23:53 Quote
GunnarGunnarGunnar wrote:
HooperAK wrote:

Triads? Cause I'm looking at picking up a set to replace the ex471's I've been running the last few months. Just going to reuse my i9 hydras

I felt like experimenting so I did fuse (33mm) in the front and Triad and the rear. The grip in the front feels really good, but I don't know how much of a difference the wider rim made but it's only like 20g heavier

Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 8:04 Quote
Dreadnought owners with a C1 cascade link. What sag % are you running?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 3:48 Quote
Whats the max rear travel people have got out of there dreadnought? Custom links large shock sizing ?

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 10:45 Quote
Has anyone put a crash replacement (stealth) rear triangle on a Deep Space 9 Dreadnought? Trying to determine if I go CR or repair and colour match route, sense they are both the same price. Want to see if I will hate it, or not.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2024 at 18:26 Quote
Anyone build out a Dreadnought full 27.5?

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 21:02 Quote
clarkson136 wrote:
Hi, has anyone fitted a kitsuma shock on an XL frame? I won one from Aston MTB and the fitment looks rather snug. I've read on a Facebook group that on large frames under full compression as the shock arcs it rubs the downtube, enough to rub the paint off a tiny bit. I would love to use the shock but not entirely fussed if it doesn't fit or has issues as it only cost me 1 ticket!!.

Any chance you figured out the fitment with the Kitsuma Coil? I am curious myself as it's such a good shock for the coin. Seems like a lot of shocks don't fit the Dread.

Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 20:04 Quote
fudgedredd wrote:
clarkson136 wrote:
Hi, has anyone fitted a kitsuma shock on an XL frame? I won one from Aston MTB and the fitment looks rather snug. I've read on a Facebook group that on large frames under full compression as the shock arcs it rubs the downtube, enough to rub the paint off a tiny bit. I would love to use the shock but not entirely fussed if it doesn't fit or has issues as it only cost me 1 ticket!!.

Any chance you figured out the fitment with the Kitsuma Coil? I am curious myself as it's such a good shock for the coin. Seems like a lot of shocks don't fit the Dread.
I can only assume the v2 dread will have better clearance and possibly more travel. It seems to be 2 of the most talked about things that riders want out of it. I just got a XL frame last week and had the shop switch the fox x2 for a rockshox vivid. The shop did warn me that they don't fit the medium and small frames, but do on a large and unknown on the XL. Supposedly it was more so an issue with the lock out lever. Once I get the frame back from the shop (headset install), I'll report back on clearance with the vivid.

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 12:29 Quote
Update.
The rockshox vivid clears everything just fine on a XL udh dreadnought.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009388
Mobile Version of Website