Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:21 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
Tastel wrote:
konarider6666 wrote:

i dontwant to do it wat if it dosent brake and i have a even more mest up bike

just hurt yourself
???????? break both your ankles and say
"this wouldnt have happened with rear suspension"

or...they will just take your bike away since the hospital bill is gonna be way more than the bike costs. hahah
i know my parents said that if i dont jump i wont get hurt but i cant stand not hitting my local jumps or down hill trails plus my rims,fork and frme all have a crack in them so i dont know what to do

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:22 Quote
i need help convincing my parents too. they first bring in economy (damn bush!), school crap, then WHY i would need a bike because i already have "a decent bike (with crappy crap on it)." then i keep explaining that there are many different types of riding such as XC, AM, FR, and DH, but they never listen to me and hesitate

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:24 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
stuff-ryder17 wrote:
i need a new bike but my parents wont let me. i need some tips

You don't need a new bike, you want a new bike.

good point. dude i have the same problem right now, but then i was thinkin. why dont i just use this bike until its a piece of s**t, and then get a new one, then ur parents will even see that you need a new one. then its a need.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
stuff-ryder17 wrote:
i need a new bike but my parents wont let me. i need some tips

good point. dude i have the same problem right now, but then i was thinkin. why dont i just use this bike until its a piece of s**t, and then get a new one, then ur parents will even see that you need a new one. then its a need.

well my story is diffrent my frame wheels and fork has cracks i them

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:28 Quote
well you cant hurt yourself because your american and u dont get free healthcare

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
markstoklosa wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

well my story is diffrent my frame wheels and fork has cracks i them

oh dam. i unno if this is gonna work for you or not, but before my bike was bad, it was too small and components were bent outta their mind and i wwas trying to get my parents to let me get a new one. they kept saying no no no, so ibrought it into the kitchen and said "LOOK I"M NOT RIDING THIS PIECE OF CRAP. LOOK AT IT!" just take action , like let them know that you;re not jokin around.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
Tastel wrote:
well you cant hurt yourself because your american and u dont get free healthcare

i know if i get hurt its gona cost more then the bike i want

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:30 Quote
parents: cant live with them
cant live without em

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:31 Quote
i just want a new bike!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:32 Quote
Tastel wrote:

its cuz our damn illegal immigration invasion. we also pay for THEIR health care. omg so not fair

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:35 Quote
yeah well my igloo recently collapsed, so that cost a lot to get repaired
and the beaver reapriman charged me 500 bucks
so now i cant watch hockey night in canada or drink beer for a while
but i guess lifes hard in canada
at least we have igloos and maple syrup

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:47 Quote
Tastel wrote:

igloo? as in like the caveman people? or like the icebox. sorry i live in southern california near mexico

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:48 Quote
gettin a new bike from parents can be most difficult. here are a couple of tips that i used. try and get a job and see if they get match or triple your money so if bike caosts 1500$ you gotta save 500$. show them pics of you and your friends ridin and getting progressively better. this will show detication as well the fact that your ridin and not causin crap in your nieghbourhood. be sure these pics are mom and dad appropriate. argue the point that biking cost alot less then organized sports. i bought my 1st bike with a paper route and a birthday party. let all your friends know that your saving for a new bike. most of them will give you money towards your bike. note: your better buy a bike with that money or you will loose your friends. that would not be cool at all. i hope this helps. good luck to all those who are trying to get a new bike. i wish you all the best. and who knows this might help out a future bikin' star.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:52 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
Tastel wrote:

igloo? as in like the caveman people? or like the icebox. sorry i live in southern california near mexico

it was a joke.
everyone thinks its always snowing here
even though its like really hot in summer 30 degrees celsius

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 0:52 Quote
yeah, just get a job and im saving up for a norco six three, i need money and im dedicated to the sport (ride every day after school and all of the weekend, somtimes leave at 6:30 AM!) and i asked for birthday/christmas only money to get bike, and try keep your grades up at school and i might be getting help from my parents and looking around shops for a job, especially bike shops

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.057585
Mobile Version of Website