Powered by Outside

One Ghost Industries 2009 Katana L.S. frame revealed!

PB Forum :: Downhill
One Ghost Industries 2009 Katana L.S. frame revealed!
Mod
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
there is a link publicly posted showing how the suspension compress - at least of the katana. Not to sure what bike your trying to figure out anymore

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
oh you should see the carbon turd I'm planning on dropping on the world in 2010. the link system's axle path is so very very intense
FYP If it's anything like that stupid Maya design you posted in BOBW, then God have mercy on your soul.
it will not be. it is like nothing you have ever seen.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
terri- wrote:
there is a link publicly posted showing how the suspension compress - at least of the katana. Not to sure what bike your trying to figure out anymore

Are you referring to this? That's just a mock-up I made. It's not exact, but it's close.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
Trocadero wrote:
terri- wrote:

Are you referring to this? That's just a mock-up I made. It's not exact, but it's close.
Yeh thats more or less it! Big Grin Oneghost, we've got you!

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
[Quote="nishnash"]
Trocadero wrote:
terri- wrote:

refering back to the bike checker link of the katana, how does the rear wheel reaturn back to its starting position after it gets over an obstacle like a rock, drop, etc. wouldnt the links, once fully pushed forward stay in that position, what drives them back into starting position? the rebound of the shock?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
[Quote="CTfreerider6"]
nishnash wrote:
Trocadero wrote:

refering back to the bike checker link of the katana, how does the rear wheel reaturn back to its starting position after it gets over an obstacle like a rock, drop, etc. wouldnt the links, once fully pushed forward stay in that position, what drives them back into starting position? the rebound of the shock?

Yes the rebound (extension) of the shock pushes the links back...the same way all other suspension designs work.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
i hope its not only me who thinks its pretty damn ugly?

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
[Quote="gdawg"]
CTfreerider6 wrote:
nishnash wrote:

Yes the rebound (extension) of the shock pushes the links back...the same way all other suspension designs work.

why shouldnt the front link stay at its furthest distance from the rear axle and then have only the rear link pivot? This would turn it into a single pivot design? im not doubting it, i just dont see how it can float with the linkages

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
[Quote="CTfreerider6"]
gdawg wrote:
CTfreerider6 wrote:

for each possible shock length there is one possible axel position because of this the return of the travel is the same as the compression. this works because the two shock eyes are different lengths away from the main pivot on each link. if they were the same the floating shock would not work

why shouldnt the front link stay at its furthest distance from the rear axle and then have only the rear link pivot? This would turn it into a single pivot design? im not doubting it, i just dont see how it can float with the linkages

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 23:17 Quote
I am not sure what you guys are asking about. We'll see if we can get some video of the bikes being tested so you can see the system in action. it just flat out works. here is the scenario..

The first 1/4 to 1/3 of travel is designed to be sag/stable pedaling. This is designed into the suspension/frame totally independent of the shock. The frame was designed to basically have the wheelbase grow slightly for sprints/straights/rock gardens to give you a stable pedal platform and slightly longer wheelbase for just general speed and stability. In and out of corners the suspension will “squat and push” by ramping up fast, pulling the wheelbase back close and tight and hitting a second pedal platform which will also drop the BB height enough to pull some deep G’s into and out of corners like a cat being chased and when you hit the apex of that corner and start pedaling again the bike is ready to sprint like a hard tail, all wound up and ready to push you out as the suspension settles back down to hit the next corner or obstacle.
It isn’t a huck bike or a a jump bike. It will take anything you throw it down but it is designed to hug the ground and go as fast as hell and win races.

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 23:29 Quote
Looking good man! tup

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 23:49 Quote
Wait... Sag is independent of the shock? Now I'm confused. So like 3 inches of the travel has nothing to do with the shock?

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
It is going to be REALLY, REALLY hard to explain this in layman's terns (as in non hyper degree engineering math), you'll have to take my word on it until you get a chance to test one out. you going to be at any MSC or Fluidride race this year?

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
oneghost wrote:
Here is the sneak peak of our second offering.. the Longbow. Optimized for Super D and trail demolition! 6" travel, Fox DHX air rear 1.5 head tube, 135mm standard with 73mm BB. 3 sizes and Moto*GP floating suspension system. hit me back with color ideas. Still playing with that one.
photo

for colors i would say go for a modern "wood" color/pattern since its the longbow, and in the back it could be the feathers and the front the point of the arrow...? just an idea.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
also, are you guys planning on doing a dj/street/park beast?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029363
Mobile Version of Website