Powered by Outside

Norco's Takeover of DW link...What is to come!?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco's Takeover of DW link...What is to come!?
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
[Quote="freeride5"]if he stays, what type of suspensoin would IH if it sucks theres no reason to stay its like having santa cruz start making wlamrt bike their top bike, i dont think steve would like that[/Quote

Dude, what the heck are you talking about. just because they don't have DW-Link anymore doesn't mean that their bikes are going to suck now. For example the yakuza, it does not use the DW-Link system and it still is a great Xfreeride bike.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
Iron Horse may revert to the days of the SGS and bring back horste link into their line up, just a guess.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
Iron Horse may revert to the days of the SGS and bring back horste link into their line up, just a guess.
Isnt Norco using the Horst linkage?

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Yes.
So wouldn't it just be like Norco and IH trading suspension designs?

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
yes, but so is specialized, KHS, and a few other companies I can't think of right now.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
A bunch of companies do. It's just that in the US Specialized (aka Evil Empire) owns the patent and charges an arm and a leg for the rights to use it. Norco is limited to how many bikes they can sell and a part of the price goes right to Darth. They charge an arm and leg and it eats into company profits.

Devinci, Mondraker are two more.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
Is it 100% positive Norco will get to use the DW link?

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
HBMman wrote:
Is it 100% positive Norco will get to use the DW link?

I dont think so.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
A bunch of companies do. It's just that in the US Specialized (aka Evil Empire) owns the patent and charges an arm and a leg for the rights to use it. Norco is limited to how many bikes they can sell and a part of the price goes right to Darth. They charge an arm and leg and it eats into company profits.

Devinci, Mondraker are two more.
lol come out of starwars now

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
skatejunkie wrote:
yes, but so is specialized, KHS, and a few other companies I can't think of right now.
titus lisencese it also horst link

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Yes.
Clever.....you've changed my mind with that insightful comment, I totally bow down to your awesomeness.................

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
Wilson4 wrote:
Yes.
Clever.....you've changed my mind with that insightful comment, I totally bow down to your awesomeness.................
I'm sorry your still bitter.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
Nah, I just thought it was funny Razz

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
themontajew wrote:
Where did this news come from? DW has been SUPER tight lipped, and any news would be all over this site, sicklines, and MTBR

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009805
Mobile Version of Website