Powered by Outside

Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's

PB Forum :: USA - West
Who is better, Yankees, Canadaians, Ausies or Euro's
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:45 Quote
alinelover wrote:
kay dude, im american and im not cocky about riding or being smart (and our education system isnt that bad. you wouldnt know) so stop stereotyping americans and realize a lot of em could be pretty cool to ride with or hang with. its not like we all drive into canada in our stretch limos drinking our starbucks (which is taking over the world) being like "wheres my canadian butler?? i want a solid gold statue of me right here because im so much better than everyone here in canada" WE DONT DO THAT! haha

hes right

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:48 Quote
AOTP wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:
I wish I were canadian Frown

why is that, cause we have way better trails
no actually, its because we are tired of being stereotyped as snotty cocky americans when we aren't

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:48 Quote
alinelover wrote:
kay dude, im american and im not cocky about riding or being smart (and our education system isnt that bad. you wouldnt know) so stop stereotyping americans and realize a lot of em could be pretty cool to ride with or hang with. its not like we all drive into canada in our stretch limos drinking our starbucks (which is taking over the world) being like "wheres my canadian butler?? i want a solid gold statue of me right here because im so much better than everyone here in canada" WE DONT DO THAT! haha

ok you completely misinterpreted what i said.

firstly: i was explaining that NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE COCKY, but if they are, the education system would explain that.

and your education system does suck. creationism? abstinence-only sex education? you government only gives money to states whose sex-education program is abstinence-only, never mind what the teachers think. your textbook and course text boards reject books for the worst reasons...they are progressively attempting to dumb down the american youth as they up the patriotism, a deadly combination.

and don't get me started on the policy of evolution vs. creationism.

i read a book by an AMERICAN ph.d university history teacher, who read like 6 different current high school curriculum history textbooks. they were astonishingly deceptive and patriotic. this again is the fault of the overwhelming patriotism of the approval boards, creating a vicious cycle.

i know a lot of americans who hate what is happening to their country, and god knows i know a lot of non-americans who hate what is happening to the u.s.

and read twice to see what i'm saying before you jump to conclusions

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:49 Quote
AustinP wrote:
alinelover wrote:

hes right
thank you Smile

alinelover wrote:

Just a few things ive noticed...
1. Starbucks will never take over canada, weve got Tim Hortons.

2. Were not stereo-typing when we say you've got a bad education system, thats fact.. I've spent two years in Connecticut and i could actually see the difference, i was learning stuff in grade 9 i learned back in grade 7 in Canada. so not to say your any dumber but our education system does take the cake.

3. Alot of Americans are really cool to ride with, i met up with some at Niagara falls riding street one day, i haven't heard or seen from then since but they were amazing at riding street... all i know is they were American.

4. Ive never seen an American ask for a gold statue or come in a limo lol but i would love to see that one day.

alinelover wrote:
AOTP wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:

no actually, its because we are tired of being stereotyped as snotty cocky americans when we aren't

oh haha, some americans on xbox live are ok most are just a*sholes. i thought you were going to say u wished u were canadian because we have much better health care

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:50 Quote
AOTP wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:

yes. and healthcare

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:50 Quote
willbikeforbeer wrote:
AOTP wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:

yes. and healthcare
mmm healthcare

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
get-hucked666 wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:
AOTP wrote:

yes. and healthcare
mmm healthcare

haha, our healthcare is so good, and its pracricly free!!

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
AOTP wrote:
oh haha, some americans on xbox live are ok most are just a*sholes. i thought you were going to say u wished u were canadian because we have much better health care

we don't, though.

the only redeeming feature is that its free. its slow as balls, terribly-run, a money pit, and badly-managed

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:52 Quote
what is ur healthcare

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:54 Quote
AOTP wrote:
get-hucked666 wrote:
willbikeforbeer wrote:

yes. and healthcare
mmm healthcare

haha, our healthcare is so good, and its pracricly free!!
Our's is way better! It's totally free!

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:54 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
alinelover wrote:

ok you completely misinterpreted what i said.

firstly: i was explaining that NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE COCKY, but if they are, the education system would explain that.

and your education system does suck. creationism? abstinence-only sex education? you government only gives money to states whose sex-education program is abstinence-only, never mind what the teachers think. your textbook and course text boards reject books for the worst reasons...they are progressively attempting to dumb down the american youth as they up the patriotism, a deadly combination.

and don't get me started on the policy of evolution vs. creationism.

i read a book by an AMERICAN ph.d university history teacher, who read like 6 different current high school curriculum history textbooks. they were astonishingly deceptive and patriotic. this again is the fault of the overwhelming patriotism of the approval boards, creating a vicious cycle.

i know a lot of americans who hate what is happening to their country, and god knows i know a lot of non-americans who hate what is happening to the u.s.

and read twice to see what i'm saying before you jump to conclusions

the abstinence thing isnt true in washington. our health teacher even says "im not going to tell younot to have sex, these are just some of the possible consiquences" ya, our gov might suck. they had a lil revolution a couple hundred years ago and they got carried away. i know america isnt cool. i dont care about the patriotism or watever. we learn shit in school, doesnt mean we get like all high and mighty like we are better. america has its issues, ppl should go bitch about it somewhere else

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:55 Quote
American health care is a joke. My gf got sick and started puking all over so we called an ambulance. We then spent 6 hrs in the hospital to be told she was fine and didn't need anything and we were charged 3000 bucks! McDonalds employess could do that!!!! shit maybe I should for 3000 bucks

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 at 8:56 Quote
shit son we just got owned

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.052609
Mobile Version of Website