Powered by Outside

Kicked Off?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Kicked Off?
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
fufalump wrote:
Whats your point?

basicly its retarded to make fun of someones bike.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:20 Quote
[Quote="fufalump"]Whats your point?[/Quote

Mod
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:21 Quote
mustardman525 wrote:
fufalump wrote:
Whats your point?
dude just shut up its people like you that we are talkin about in this forum
Fufalump is a mod there, you know that right?

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
britboxxer wrote:
damn i am an ass. yet somehow i still manage to have a girlfriend

The difference is that when she "bans" you, you REALLY listen. Razz

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
4xman77 wrote:
how many days is 72000hours i dont have a calculater handy rite now

-_->

Dude we know it's you, you're not fooling anyone.

xxxxdj ---- 4xman77 ...similarities much?

Add to that another hockey avatar, tagline and same little smiley thing at the end of your post and I think we have a match.Rolleyes

Anyways this threads one hell of a gongshow, I feel for the moderators.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:25 Quote
mustardman525 wrote:
fufalump wrote:
Whats your point?

Actually, judging by that response, its really that kind of posting that we're talking about in this thread.

Britboxxer was making a statement that him being an ass on an online forum was somehow connected to him being able to have a girlfriend. I personally did not see how that was connected and just asked what his point was.

You on the other hand just got up in arms about it, and became the example of what we're trying to eliminate on the new forums.

If you're not careful you may end up like the original poster of the thread did, wondering why oh why did he get banned?

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:26 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
britboxxer wrote:

haha thats good. and i didnt want to quote 2 different things but whats a gongshow?

Mod
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:27 Quote
porely organized mess... pretty much.. chaos

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:27 Quote
britboxxer wrote:
r-m-r wrote:
britboxxer wrote:

haha thats good. and i didnt want to quote 2 different things but whats a gongshow?

chaos, disorganized, frantic. Basically just a shit show.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
fufalump wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:
fufalump wrote:
Whats your point?

Actually, judging by that response, its really that kind of posting that we're talking about in this thread.

Britboxxer was making a statement that him being an ass on an online forum was somehow connected to him being able to have a girlfriend. I personally did not see how that was connected and just asked what his point was.

You on the other hand just got up in arms about it, and became the example of what we're trying to eliminate on the new forums.

If you're not careful you may end up like the original poster of the thread did, wondering why oh why did he get banned?

I got 2 things to say about this. First of all many people have said that i didnt know why i got banned. If you would read the very first post i tell why i got banned becuase when i did it told me why. to be exact it said for homophobic remarks and arguing at every oppertunity. many others on this thread have asked why they got booted but i did not. And second i was just saying that im probably more of an ass in person than online and people dont generaly like a*sholes especially girls so i was just putting that as a little joke

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:34 Quote
britboxxer wrote:
bigdropper wrote:
yea my acount BIGhusker1 is banned right now for callinjg a bad cannondale jerkel a shit bike, which it is,

but i miss the days of no warnings and no bannings

yeah thats something i dont get. people ask for your opinions on their bike and if in your opinoin its a shit bike you tell them that and get banned.
See the thing is, there's a difference between saying that a bike is shit and saying the same thing through constructive criticism. If you don't like a bike or if the bike isn't that great, give the person some advice. Things to change to make the bike better. Simply stating "That bike is a POS" doesn't help at all and usually only starts arguments.

Basically on the new site we are looking for positive input ONLY. So if you are constantly making replies to threads that don't have any useful positive input, you are canned. Makes sense to me.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:36 Quote
geezir wrote:
britboxxer wrote:
bigdropper wrote:
yea my acount BIGhusker1 is banned right now for callinjg a bad cannondale jerkel a shit bike, which it is,

but i miss the days of no warnings and no bannings

yeah thats something i dont get. people ask for your opinions on their bike and if in your opinoin its a shit bike you tell them that and get banned.
See the thing is, there's a difference between saying that a bike is shit and saying the same thing through constructive criticism. If you don't like a bike or if the bike isn't that great, give the person some advice. Things to change to make the bike better. Simply stating "That bike is a POS" doesn't help at all and usually only starts arguments.

Basically on the new site we are looking for positive input ONLY. So if you are constantly making replies to threads that don't have any useful positive input, you are canned. Makes sense to me.

Did the banning come with the new site? or have you always done that?

Mod
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:37 Quote
there has been banning for as long as I have been around - just less frequent.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
Like posted earlier, it was either a pm warning, or a permanent ban. So getting a user to comply to the rules was particularly difficult. Now we have the warn and temp suspension options to give out punishments for infractions. This makes things seem like we're being more hardass, but in reality, we're only doing what we would have done earlier, had it not been for the cut and dry moderating options.

We dont go out making excuses to ban people, but if you truly are out of line, then you should expect some sort of response from the mod team.

Post as if you were talking to your mom or something similar. Then there should be no problems with being out of line(i hope at least).

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 20:44 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
there has been banning for as long as I have been around - just less frequent.

That's because we can now do temporary bans.

Does anyone else feel this thread has run its course and is finished? I know locking it would be horribly ironic, but it might be nice to let it rest in peace.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008053
Mobile Version of Website