Trick Tips: A guide.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Trick Tips: A guide.
Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
Ok soooooooo I have been trying to learn 1 footed tables lately, but I'm concerned that when I do them the opposite crank will fall into the position that is below the BB. Is this normal or should I do something else
Practice Nac nac's first. That'll get you used to landing with the cranks in a less than ideal position. That's at least what I did. But with one foot tables, you shouldn't really have that problem

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
alright thanks!

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
Any tips for flyout 3s? I keep clipping the coping and I can only get to like 250.

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
Look over your shoulder in the direction you are spinning and yank the bike around. If you have a bmx it helps to practice on that so you can get the feeling down. Also, I like to keep my front end high so if I don't get the full 360 in the rotation, I can pivot on the back wheel

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Any tips for flyout 3s? I keep clipping the coping and I can only get to like 250.
practice dude. All I can tell you

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
Carve an 's' as you enter any 3. Especially for flat 3 hops, you need to carve and twist into it so that you're spinning the moment you leave the ground/coping. That is the extra rotation you're missing, I've seen it 100 times at parks. Also, it's two steps. You have to jump and spin,then loft the rear wheel up...tuck it up right before you land.

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
Hey all, any tips for full extension on no foot cans, one foot cans, and Indian airs. Any help is much appreciated.

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Carve an 's' as you enter any 3. Especially for flat 3 hops, you need to carve and twist into it so that you're spinning the moment you leave the ground/coping. That is the extra rotation you're missing, I've seen it 100 times at parks. Also, it's two steps. You have to jump and spin,then loft the rear wheel up...tuck it up right before you land.
Just got them DUDE THANKS

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
Hey all, any tips for full extension on no foot cans, one foot cans, and Indian airs. Any help is much appreciated.
For No footer cans just move your front foot like you're doing a Nac and lift your other foot off the pedal. As for the cranks try and run them tight as possible.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
I want to learn a 360 drop on a trail bike, I can 180 flat and 180 on a bank, but don't have a jump accessible to learn a 360. Is it the same technique as a BMX bike, and does anyone have tricks/tips on how to do it? For context, I ride a large san quentin 3 and the drop is about 5 ish feet high but could be built bigger.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
bt006shreds wrote:
I want to learn a 360 drop on a trail bike, I can 180 flat and 180 on a bank, but don't have a jump accessible to learn a 360. Is it the same technique as a BMX bike, and does anyone have tricks/tips on how to do it? For context, I ride a large san quentin 3 and the drop is about 5 ish feet high but could be built bigger.
Personally I would learn them flat first. What you can do is first learn them flat, and them learn how to throw them down ramps and banks. That'll get you used to spinning into a landing. Then you probably would want to make your drop as small as possible and work your way up. The biggest thing for me when I was learning flat 3's was learning how to carve into it. The big thing is to turn away from your rotation and use that energy to snap yourself around. I used this video for trick tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfq03x04eo4

Hope that helps

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 6:53 Quote
Any tips for committing to sucide no handers and tbogs? I know I can do it I just cant break through. Also, I am on a mtb jsky, cause my dj is broke

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
I really hate saying just send it, but if you gradually build up to it, you ultimately just have to go for it. Start by just taking your fingers off the grip and then slowly build up to the full trick.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
What about just midair stabilaty and confidence. I know I have the time I just feel unstable ish.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Just jump, get confident on the bike, start by doing one hander and seat grab and it will come. But it won’t be instantaenous

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011548
Mobile Version of Website