Powered by Outside

Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:15 Quote
Which of the current 27.5 downhill frames has enough room for a 29inch rear wheel? I know it is controversial so let's focus on technical data please.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:54 Quote
^ Only brendog can run a 29" rear. End of story.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
Ok, refused to give up so easily and had one more go... And I think I managed to solve the issue how to fit the Tues frame into the Thule Proride carrier:
How to fit DH bike into universal bike carrier.
Though I had to remove the cables from the cable clamp underneath the coil because the carrier clamp would propably harm the cables and the space is so tight that the upper part of the carrier clamp needs bit of forcing to go into place even with cables removed. But it seems to hold solid the way I suppose it is ment to hold. At least it's easier to loosen one small hex bolt (the cable clamp) than disassemble the bike for 15min trip. Also saves a lot of space Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 13:14 Quote
Siphaeon wrote:
Ok, refused to give up so easily and had one more go... And I think I managed to solve the issue how to fit the Tues frame into the Thule Proride carrier:
Though I had to remove the cables from the cable clamp underneath the coil because the carrier clamp would propably harm the cables and the space is so tight that the upper part of the carrier clamp needs bit of forcing to go into place even with cables removed. But it seems to hold solid the way I suppose it is ment to hold. At least it's easier to loosen one small hex bolt (the cable clamp) than disassemble the bike for 15min trip. Also saves a lot of space Smile

Yeah yea...you just wanted a reason to show off your Tues. Sick looking bike man. Glad it worked out for you.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 13:28 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
Siphaeon wrote:

Yeah yea...you just wanted a reason to show off your Tues. Sick looking bike man. Glad it worked out for you.

Actually the reason was that I spent the whole damn day searching (could have done million other things more fun/productive) for pics how to use these damn carriers (and found nothing about frames with low rear shock) and now that I think I finally managed to work it out, thought I post a pic to help the next guy who wonders what will work.

Another reason was that if someone of you guys spotted something why I should not use it because it might not work as intended or break something, because I'm still bit cautious about these roof carriers since I have never used one before.

Oh and I checked the Sidearm and Highroller out but for some reason they are not on european market? Are there some issues with legislation or what the hell is that about? Because I have never heard of anything why such desings are not available here. Might even write to Thule and ask why because I need more racks anyways, could try Freeride as well for 65€...

Anyway, thanks for the compliment Wink

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
Siphaeon wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:
Siphaeon wrote:

Actually the reason was that I spent the whole damn day searching (could have done million other things more fun/productive) for pics how to use these damn carriers (and found nothing about frames with low rear shock) and now that I think I finally managed to work it out, thought I post a pic to help the next guy who wonders what will work.

Another reason was that if someone of you guys spotted something why I should not use it because it might not work as intended or break something, because I'm still bit cautious about these roof carriers since I have never used one before.

Oh and I checked the Sidearm and Highroller out but for some reason they are not on european market? Are there some issues with legislation or what the hell is that about? Because I have never heard of anything why such desings are not available here. Might even write to Thule and ask why because I need more racks anyways, could try Freeride as well for 65€...

Anyway, thanks for the compliment Wink

Glad you sorted it out!

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 4:23 Quote
So... I weigh 220 lbs

I have a 300 rate Spring on my Gambler.

Do I need to get something a little burlier?

Thanks Guys.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 5:12 Quote
Can 83mm zee crankset be used in '14 demo?

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 5:34 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
Decembersveryown wrote:
Thanks for all your input on the hub, people.

Going to use the hope 10mm bolt on.

Now help me pick some rims Big Grin ha
Stan's Flow EX are pretty damn good. You'd be able to get the laced to Hope hubs off the shelf, even be able to spec the bolt on hub as well.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/hope-hoops-pro-2-evo-650b-10306

Pop them an email, they should be able to sort out the hub. They're a good bunch of guys.

Thanks for recommending these guys to me, ever so helpful, ordering a wheel set from them Big Grin

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 5:48 Quote
laramee wrote:
So... I weigh 220 lbs

I have a 300 rate Spring on my Gambler.

Do I need to get something a little burlier?

Thanks Guys.

This is what I use for my spring rates http://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
Decembersveryown wrote:
GaryOrange5 wrote:
Decembersveryown wrote:
Thanks for all your input on the hub, people.

Going to use the hope 10mm bolt on.

Now help me pick some rims Big Grin ha
Stan's Flow EX are pretty damn good. You'd be able to get the laced to Hope hubs off the shelf, even be able to spec the bolt on hub as well.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/hope-hoops-pro-2-evo-650b-10306

Pop them an email, they should be able to sort out the hub. They're a good bunch of guys.

Thanks for recommending these guys to me, ever so helpful, ordering a wheel set from them Big Grin

Yeah these guys also do the Hope straight pull hubs in colours...the only place I've seen offer them so far.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
fullbug wrote:
Just depends on what BB you have on the demo.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 7:58 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
fullbug wrote:

It is a pf30 bb. Just find the right adapters then? Chainline will still be ok?

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
fullbug wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
fullbug wrote:

Yep pretty sure.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 8:08 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
fullbug wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

Yep pretty sure.

some brand solutions better than others?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.815675
Mobile Version of Website