Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
Fyrish45 wrote:
planning a trip to whistler with a mate for 10 days in august, any recommendation for good accommodation.

Fyrish, I'm also heading out in August staying at Crystal Lodge.

This website was quite useful for choosing a hotel:

http://www.whistler.com/activities/biking/accommodation/

I would probably book through the hotel's own website though once you've chosen one, as I've had trouble in the past booking through third party websites.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 14:09 Quote
antigit wrote:
Fyrish45 wrote:
planning a trip to whistler with a mate for 10 days in august, any recommendation for good accommodation.

Fryish, I'm also heading out in August staying at Crystal Lodge.

I would probably book through the hotel's own website though once you've chosen one, as I've had trouble in the past booking through third party websites.
I'm also there in August at crystal lodge

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 18:56 Quote
Will be riding whistla this year. Do the 5 or 10 day passes go on sale at all before the season starts? Trying to save some cash with school

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 18:56 Quote
Fyrish45 wrote:

Groupon. Deals constantly pop up. I stayed in a 2 story loft with 6 people for $99/night.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
Brian1014 wrote:
Will be riding whistla this year. Do the 5 or 10 day passes go on sale at all before the season starts? Trying to save some cash with school
Yeah they do, keep an eye out in April probably

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 21:27 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Brian1014 wrote:
Yeah they do, keep an eye out in April probably
Sweet thanks, will do, will it just pop up on the Whistler website or need to keep an eye somewhere else aswell?

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 1:42 Quote
jonty4 wrote:
antigit wrote:
Fyrish45 wrote:

Fryish, I'm also heading out in August staying at Crystal Lodge.

cheers mate, out of interest what do you recon over all cost will be?

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 4:11 Quote
Fyrish45 wrote:

I'm going to guess around 800-1000gbp for 2 people sharing 1 room. You can probably stay in or near Whistler village for a lot cheaper than this one way or another, I just wanted the convenience of a hotel.

jonty4 wrote:

Good stuff, I'll be on a red Iron Horse 7 point with white totems. Feel free to say hello

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 10:27 Quote
Any good rock bars in Whistler? does Dusty's still have an open mic night?

I didnt really look that much last year.

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
antigit wrote:
Fyrish45 wrote:

I'm going to guess around 800-1000gbp for 2 people sharing 1 room. You can probably stay in or near Whistler village for a lot cheaper than this one way or another, I just wanted the convenience of a hotel.

jonty4 wrote:

Good stuff, I'll be on a red Iron Horse 7 point with white totems. Feel free to say hello
. Sick mate will have to have a couple laps with ya

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 20:53 Quote
VolatileMike wrote:

I didnt really look that much last year.

Not really. Tapleys sometimes, and slightly bigger names at the GLC, other than it's Wagon Wheel acoustic stuff most places, most of the time.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 8:10 Quote
Just thinking now, keep my Ironhorse 7 point with 7" front and rear or go for a full dh rig for Whistler?

I was thinking I could ride all the trails with my 7 point (including Squamish etc) but now thinking I'd have more fun if I was on a full dh rig for the park and rent an AM for anywhere else.

Any thoughts?

7 point

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 9:15 Quote
antigit wrote:
Just thinking now, keep my Ironhorse 7 point with 7" front and rear or go for a full dh rig for Whistler?

I was thinking I could ride all the trails with my 7 point (including Squamish etc) but now thinking I'd have more fun if I was on a full dh rig for the park and rent an AM for anywhere else.

Any thoughts?

I'd do dh in the park, then rent for the rest.

7 point

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 18:27 Quote
Depends on the pennies man. If you're happy mashing the beast up mountains i'd bring the 7 Point and save your dollars. Whis is pricey enough with out dropping extra coin on bike rental if you can avoid it, and the Tin Donkey is plenty bike for the park. But then again, new bikes are fun, so....

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 1:03 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
VolatileMike wrote:

I didn't really look that much last year.

Not really. Tapleys sometimes, and slightly bigger names at the GLC, other than it's Wagon Wheel acoustic stuff most places, most of the time.

Boo that sucks, ah well. Can't have it all!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021009
Mobile Version of Website