Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 16:24 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Do you gorilla tape your hands to the bars or something? 10 days straight in the bike park would be brutal.

Nope, to be honest It was tough for the first two weeks but I got used to it.

I don't ride very much tech trails. So it's not as hard on you as you'd think

You are missing out not riding tech trails!

Well yes. I broke my dh frame when I was there in the first week. It was a Jamis Diablo. Not a great frame really Luckily I brought my cove hooker.

Riding the tech on the hooker is incredibly hard, I did get in over my head on a few trails, then I just avoided them

Next time I get out there I have a new dh rig and will check them out, but I really would like to check out coast gravity first and depending. How awesome it is spend the rest of my trip time there

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 2:17 Quote
i rarely take the bus when i have my bike, but the couple times that i have its been a bit concerning stuffing my 650b wheels into the rack. seems like the bike would be more likely to pop out. it does seem to be pretty secure once its in there though. anyone have any thoughts on this? not to be worried about?

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 2:29 Quote
SGC campers at Whistler Mountain Bike Park

Does anyone know where this was taken, and what the mountain is in the distance??

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 4:59 Quote
skipraxis wrote:
i rarely take the bus when i have my bike, but the couple times that i have its been a bit concerning stuffing my 650b wheels into the rack. seems like the bike would be more likely to pop out. it does seem to be pretty secure once its in there though. anyone have any thoughts on this? not to be worried about?
I had my XL Wilson on the bus a few times, 26" but long af wheelbase, only juuust fit in (Rear in, front wheel not in the slot, but with the bar clamped down hard), I watched it the whole time as you do, and it seemed stable, after the 5th time I stopped checking on it.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 5:29 Quote
NOVEGREG wrote:
SGC campers at Whistler Mountain Bike Park

Does anyone know where this was taken, and what the mountain is in the distance??

Top of the World
Black Tusk

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 6:31 Quote
Thanks, great shot

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
If you want to take a day off from biking to give your hands (but not your legs) a rest you can hike to the top of Black Tusk. Also hike-in camping in the area,

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 19:43 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
If you want to take a day off from biking to give your hands (but not your legs) a rest you can hike to the top of Black Tusk. Also hike-in camping in the area,

Nice! This I didn't know.

How do you get there? From black comb?

I rode the peak to peak but suck at skiing and boarding so figured I better not try black comb

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 0:07 Quote
The trailhead is 30 minutes south of Whistler:

http://whistlerhiatus.com/whistlerhikes/blacktusk.html

^ that website is the best directory for all things hikes between Pemberton and Vancouver.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 7:31 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:

^ that website is the best directory for all things hikes between Pemberton and Vancouver.

Thanks

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 17:24 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:

What he said. Is correct. ALL my adventures in whistler were planned using that website, and really well described directions. Also, another sweet hike is Rainbow lake on the other side of Alta Lake. Awesome hike, only thing, you can't swim in that BEAUTIFUL lake since it's whistler main source of clean Water. Don't worry about running out of water since the water stream is THE cleanest.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 19:47 Quote
Does the 5/10 day pass include a free early season day this year or did they change it to a free "buddy day" (bring a friend)? The website says buddy day for 5/10 day and season passes but I saw an email that said it's an early season day for 5/10 and buddy for season pass.

Trying to do the math on a 10 day vs. season pass here.

thx

also any rumours on changes besides Crank It Up More in June? Would be cool if 7 year war was extended right to lower No Joke entrance, could link it all up with no fire road.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 19:56 Quote
I would suspect that trail crew will be doing some work in that area. Probably a lot of refreshing older trails as well.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 20:46 Quote
I will be pretty choked if they changed the bonus day to a buddy day. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to get to the bottom of this!

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 22:02 Quote
lennyandcarl wrote:
I will be pretty choked if they changed the bonus day to a buddy day. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to get to the bottom of this!

Let us know, because I would way rather a free day then bring a buddy day, all my friends that ride will have their own pass...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018394
Mobile Version of Website