The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 16, 2016 at 9:03 Quote
Just called them and the guy confirmed a 5 and 10 day pass does indeed include the early season bonus day if you buy before May 22.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2016 at 19:24 Quote
lennyandcarl wrote:
Just called them and the guy confirmed a 5 and 10 day pass does indeed include the early season bonus day if you buy before May 22.

Thanks man. Leaning toward a 10 day then... gonna do an Elevation camp again which gets me 2 more days at $30/day day for 14 days total at $475. Would need to get 4 more days to break-even on a season pass... only doable if I don't take a road trip this summer.

Posted: Apr 16, 2016 at 23:48 Quote
Yeah got to be done mate @ No VEG REG

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 0:14 Quote
the-argos wrote:
Anyone have any idea when Opening day might be? Later than last year?

Around the 13th is the (not very reliable) rumour bro.

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 0:17 Quote
NOVEGREG wrote:
SGC campers at Whistler Mountain Bike Park

Does anyone know where this was taken, and what the mountain is in the distance??

Black tusk. Go to peak and you'll work it out immediately Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 8:36 Quote
Barbour1994 wrote:
the-argos wrote:
Anyone have any idea when Opening day might be? Later than last year?

Around the 13th is the (not very reliable) rumour bro.

Bike park has said the 20th.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 16:28 Quote
Anyone been on the mountain and seen condition of the park trails? This winter was a lot colder, lots of storms snowed to the valley and there was snowpack down most of the season, whereas last winter was lots of intense rainstorms which seemed to cause a lot of trail damage. Hoping that means trail crew gets more time on maintenance/buffing versus repairing washouts.

Wouldn't be surprised if they open a week early with how fast snow is melting low down... but I'd be fine with the 20th.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 21:03 Quote
Not really super helpful but all of the trails I have ridden in the valley have been in excellent shape. Not really the same thing though. Maybe I will go poke around tomorrow.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 23:43 Quote
Just taking a moment to ask everyone not to ride the bike park pre season. Mud ruts that harden into water runnels when it rains... Soft lips needing love. Crews will be out getting things ready for you, it'll be ready soon enough.

In the meantime, enjoy some really fantastic early season valley riding!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 5:14 Quote
I never understood people who rode the bike park trails early in the season, before opening day.. You WILL have time to ride everything, it's time to enjoy the valley and all the amazing trails around instead!

Wish I could be there for a 4th summer but money decided otherwise! I will be there for Crankworx tho. Can't wait!!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
Hey guys.

Anyone know the best pace to get a frame powder coated in whistler/squamish

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 15:53 Quote
Ok so I looked back a bunch of pages and didn't see anyone else asking this specific question. I really wanna live in Whistler for the summer and would like to get a job. I am American and it looks like my only option for getting a work permit is if I get offered a job and then the employer has to go through all sorts of paperwork and do a Labor Market Impact Assessment and pay fees and all kinds of shit. All I wanna do is like housekeeping or something easy like that and I have a feeling that no employer is gonna want to go through all that to hire a housekeeper. Any Americans have any experience trying to get a work permit and going through this process and know if it's possible and how long the process would take to get a work permit?

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 18:00 Quote
The only Americans that I know working here legally are either dual citizens or had a student visa of some sort. The usa makes it very difficult for Canadians to get visas so Canada recipocates.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 18:10 Quote
I think if you can do it your best bet would be to save enough to stay for the summer without working. I think you can stay in Canada for maybe 6 months without working? Could be wrong but I think that's what it is for Canadians travelling to the US. Just be ready to show the border agents your bank account because they want to make sure you're not gonna work under the table.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 5:02 Quote
What is the best trail in the park for Rock rollers?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026218
Mobile Version of Website