The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: May 4, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
Thanks both to @gramboh and @St1234 for the quick replies! Maybe we'll stick with the instructors from the mountain after all. Smile

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
Hello everyone, what are your most favourite trails around Whistler ? I mean less known stuff (no bikepark trails).

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 13:38 Quote
Just bought my season pass, can't wait!

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 14:26 Quote
Right, looking at booking (well me mates already have) a chalet. Apparently theres an age restriction of 25 in most places.

How tight is this rule/law? I'm 19 and reasonably sensible if that has any relevance.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2016 at 15:15 Quote
jack-sprogis wrote:
Right, looking at booking (well me mates already have) a chalet. Apparently theres an age restriction of 25 in most places.

How tight is this rule/law? I'm 19 and reasonably sensible if that has any relevance.

My old boss had a couple rental places around town. They wouldn't outright refuse younger groups but would carefully screen them. In their experience mountain bikers were usually OK as they were here to ride, not party and destroy the house. Your best bet is to email places, offer a phone number and explain your situation, someone might take you

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 17:59 Quote
jack-sprogis wrote:

In he past I have been flat out refused. (I was 18/19) Had toend up having to get the team manager and bike shops to vouche for me. I forget where I was staying, it was right on the edge of the village near the Olympic plaza. Which was under construction at the time.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 19:51 Quote
It would be nice if WB renamed two trails in honour of McGarry and Smith this year. Terrible year for biking so far.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 19:53 Quote
BillDuke wrote:
It would be nice if WB renamed two trails in honour of McGarry and Smith this year. Terrible year for biking so far.

+1

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 20:54 Quote
brncr6 wrote:
BillDuke wrote:

+1

+2

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 21:15 Quote
goytay wrote:
brncr6 wrote:
BillDuke wrote:

+1

+2

+3... Or possibly name one of the new ones in Creekside in honour of them?

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 21:55 Quote
jack-sprogis wrote:

For what its worth I am 18 and booked a room through air bnb through the month of June. In my request to book I just said that I was 18 and responsible/looking to bike rather than party. Didn't have any questions asked.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 23:29 Quote
IainJohnson wrote:
goytay wrote:
brncr6 wrote:

+1

+2

+4 yeah, I can see 'Chainsaw McGazza' being a pretty rad trail.

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 2:01 Quote
Barbour1994 wrote:
IainJohnson wrote:
goytay wrote:

+2

+4 yeah, I can see 'Chainsaw McGazza' being a pretty rad trail.
No one would ride it, It'd be high speed cliff drops into off camber corners at WC speed with 80 foot doubles.

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 4:45 Quote
+5 yeah great name

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 5:05 Quote
+6 such a sad year all round r.i.p kelly and stevie

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014446
Mobile Version of Website