How to ride DH safely and WIN!

PB Forum :: Downhill
How to ride DH safely and WIN!
Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
All hail the creator.

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Since this is my favorite form of cycling, the information is very useful) And I also disagree with those who say that it is not safeWink Big Grin Smile

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
So I have been riding park alot this year been up 7 times with an average of 7-10 runs a day which is about 28-40kms of trails. The issue I have is I'm burning through brake pads I went thru a set of finned icetech pads and now I'm about half way thru a set of non finned I run sintered pads and I'm just curious what everyone's braking techniques are to minimize brake wear, besides the obvious don't brake

Just go through brake pads. It's just like tires, they are ment to wear out. Have spares when riding. There really isn't anything to save on breaks. The only advice I could give is don't ride the brakes just like in your car. Try to be either on them or off.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 0:58 Quote
Go for metallic pads? When I ride 4 days in the Alps I'd expect to go through at least one or two sets of pads. If you're riding down steep hills you can't not brake. Just try not to drag them.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
Yea I usually run full metal pads. This year I decided to try out Uber bike components there pads where affordable and you can get ice tech versions from them just got tired of paying 120 bucks Canadian for shimanos pads.... Someone off here suggested buying Chinese pads I tried that too there pads are made with super cheap materials and came contaminated most of the time cuz they spray paint the metal backing to colour coat them.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
Pelopants wrote:
there is no way to ride dh safely. only if you ride the brakes.
completely agree

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
Learn to carry speed through deep, small supports/ruts. And look ahead. These two I struggle with and of course they go hand in hand.

What are some things you can do to practice looking ahead? My eyes gets sucked under in some rock gardens

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
Tape something spikey on your chin so if you look down you stab yourself in the neck.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Felixwnz wrote:
Pelopants wrote:
completely agree

That post was over a decade ago and it still holds true

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 0:31 Quote
Thought id leave this here

F CKDH

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Learn to carry speed through deep, small supports/ruts. And look ahead. These two I struggle with and of course they go hand in hand.

What are some things you can do to practice looking ahead? My eyes gets sucked under in some rock gardens

Look where you want to be not where you are going.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
just pin it all the way down you'll be fineSmile Wink

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
Pelopants wrote:

That is not true at all. Can you drive down the highway in a car safely without riding the brakes?

Making sure that your gear is in proper working order, making sure that YOU are in proper working order (not intoxicated, over tired, broken...), paying attention to your surroundings and to others, and many other things, can decrease the risk involved with riding DH (or any type of riding for that fact), therefore helping to make DH safe.

Driving is one of the most dangerous activities any modern human regularly engages in. It is not at all safe. Car accidents are a leading cause of death. Top 5 I think? People think they are safe because they are sheep. If they had any idea how f*cking dangerous driving is maybe they would be a little bit more careful.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054581
Mobile Version of Website