Powered by Outside

Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 4:02 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
Some advice please.

I am seriously considering a used Wreckoning (6 months old VGC) BUT I did own an Undead and the issues that the bike had have made me a little hesitant to say the least. As it is used the warranty would not be transferable. Does anyone have any long term experience? what should I look for? anything to check before purchase etc.

I loved the Undead but the issues I had/could of developed really marred the enjoyment. I just want to know that the QC issues that were apparent with the Undead are now no more.

Hi mate, I have a Wreckoning and it is roughly the age you are looking at. I am having a problem whit play in the pivot of the main frame and the rear triangle. However I seem to be the only person having this issue.

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 4:17 Quote
faceplanting wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Some advice please.

I am seriously considering a used Wreckoning (6 months old VGC) BUT I did own an Undead and the issues that the bike had have made me a little hesitant to say the least. As it is used the warranty would not be transferable. Does anyone have any long term experience? what should I look for? anything to check before purchase etc.

I loved the Undead but the issues I had/could of developed really marred the enjoyment. I just want to know that the QC issues that were apparent with the Undead are now no more.

Hi mate, I have a Wreckoning and it is roughly the age you are looking at. I am having a problem whit play in the pivot of the main frame and the rear triangle. However I seem to be the only person having this issue.
How often do you use it? how many miles have you put into it? UK weather a factor? I am only a "every now and then" rider but I do have a yearly pilgrimage to Morzine which I intend to take the Wreckoning on.

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 5:02 Quote
We never quite cleared up if the bolts were torqued to spec or not I don't think.

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 8:17 Quote
Shuggles wrote:
We never quite cleared up if the bolts were torqued to spec or not I don't think.

My main pivot bolts were slightly loose after the first ~10 rides. I snugged them up and will continue to do so. I think that on an important connection, if they continue to lose torque I'll loctite it.

Definitely something to stay on top of

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 8:47 Quote
[Quote="ErnieK"]
Shuggles wrote:

My main pivot bolts were slightly loose after the first ~10 rides. I snugged them up and will continue to do so. I think that on an important connection, if they continue to lose torque I'll loctite it.

Definitely something to stay on top of[/Quote

If you over torqued get a new main pivot bolt and bearings

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
[Quote="yabbaDABdo"]
ErnieK wrote:
Shuggles wrote:

Definitely something to stay on top of[/Quote

If you over torqued get a new main pivot bolt and bearings

Oh yes definitely something I check every few rides and get sorted if they are slightly loose.
Interestingly not an issue on my Uprising.

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 12:08 Quote
Here's my Evil Revolt for the end of the season will try and get more done this winter.

But loving the super plush Shiver DC RC3-RC2 Ti just a bit more tweaking to the mod and it'll be perfect.

Evil Revolt with Shiver DC RC3-RC2 Ti

Evil Revolt with Shiver DC RC3-RC2 Ti

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
I am building up a following and I was wondering has anybody tried 150mm forks on there's ???

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 14:17 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
I am building up a following and I was wondering has anybody tried 150mm forks on there's ???
Ive got a 140 on mine and its pretty rad.
Anything bigger and it may be too off balance, too slack for climbing(head+seat).
Id say if u want 150 up front then the following is the wrong bike 4 u.
Doesnt hurt to try it, esp if u can dial the fork down.($30 pike part allows mine to go to 130 for ex, but i nvr installed, left it at 140)

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 22:45 Quote
I have a tranny smuggler at the minute with a Angleset fitted so it's a slack 66.5 HA and that's at 130mm forks.

The reason for it is because am on the 100kg mark and ride aggressively so I need to run 4/5 tokens in my pikes to help with ramp up but it's means there quite stiff on little chatter. Even with the LSC all the way on. So with a slightly bigger fork I won't need as many Tokens because the travels all readily there.

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 3:20 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
faceplanting wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
Some advice please.

How often do you use it? how many miles have you put into it? UK weather a factor? I am only a "every now and then" rider but I do have a yearly pilgrimage to Morzine which I intend to take the Wreckoning on.

I'm a weekend warrior so out at least one day over the weekend plus the odd weekend in Wales. So nothing major at all. I may be having an issue with mine but i do believe I am a one off, I can't recommend The Wreckoning enough it really is a fantastic ride. Personally I have mine set as X-Low on the suspension tokens and I have flipped the bit on the forks so they are slightly slacker as well. I also splashed out on some Fox 36 TALAS, great for really steep climbs. I would love to know how you get on in Morzine on it, as that is something i would love to do myself soon.

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 3:40 Quote
Hello everyone,
If you have been following the issues I have had regarding a loose rear triangle and pivot bolt please see some pictures of my frame and through bolt and assembly. All bolts were torqued as spec'd on the bolt heads and in some of the pics you can see signs of uneven wear one the through bolt and washers and also on the frame.
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
Cannot unsee thumb nail.

Eek Eek Eek

nice socks though...Big Grin

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
I have a tranny smuggler at the minute with a Angleset fitted so it's a slack 66.5 HA and that's at 130mm forks.

The reason for it is because am on the 100kg mark and ride aggressively so I need to run 4/5 tokens in my pikes to help with ramp up but it's means there quite stiff on little chatter. Even with the LSC all the way on. So with a slightly bigger fork I won't need as many Tokens because the travels all readily there.
you mean LSC all the way open right? Counter clockwise turns. If you have HSC open that up for trail chatter. Got this advice from a friend of mine who races whom got it from a fox employee. If your bike isn't soaking up any trail chatter at speed, completely open the HSC, I leave my LSC around the mid setting for cornering support. I do the same for my rear shock, open the HSC.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 10:04 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
wellbastardfast wrote:

you mean LSC all the way open right? Counter clockwise turns. If you have HSC open that up for trail chatter. Got this advice from a friend of mine who races whom got it from a fox
employee. If your bike isn't soaking up any trail chatter at speed, completely open the HSC, I leave my LSC around the mid setting for cornering support. I do the same for my rear shock, open the HSC.

I mean open not on. But I still get chatter hence the idea of a longer travel fork

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020609
Mobile Version of Website