Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
kwapik wrote:
The RF aeffect crankset is 24mm

Correct, but that was what the AL Two came with in 2017, AL One had Turbine.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
Probably has been asked plenty before, but what tires are you guys running.

I got a lot of mileage from my original HR2’s; but the time has finally come to replace. It was actually pretty overdue.

Anyway, I bought the standard Minion DHF and Aggressor combo. But got them both in the 2.5WT size. Not sure I’m going to see too much improvement in rolling resistance from that Aggressor, maybe should have gone with the 2.3” version?

Interested in everyone’s experience/preferences.

I ride dry conditions almost exclusively. When traction is hard to come by, it’s usually a loose over hard type scenario. Mainly, I’ve been riding in Moab and Salt Lake City these days.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 9:16 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Probably has been asked plenty before, but what tires are you guys running.

I got a lot of mileage from my original HR2’s; but the time has finally come to replace. It was actually pretty overdue.

Anyway, I bought the standard Minion DHF and Aggressor combo. But got them both in the 2.5WT size. Not sure I’m going to see too much improvement in rolling resistance from that Aggressor, maybe should have gone with the 2.3” version?

Interested in everyone’s experience/preferences.

I ride dry conditions almost exclusively. When traction is hard to come by, it’s usually a loose over hard type scenario. Mainly, I’ve been riding in Moab and Salt Lake City these days.

I recently changed from the classic DHF + DHRII to a DHF and Dissector and I am really liking it. The Dissector has a great balance of rolling resistance, lower weight, and traction.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
acrossthec wrote:
Just did the same for my '07 Jeffsy. Now my BB is shot this week, FML.

Anyone know the spindle diameter on the RF crankset on the 2017 Jeffsy AL1 27.5? I'm assuming it's 30mm, but hoping it's 24mm as that's what my LBS has in stock.

MY17 AL One has a Raceface Turbine crankset, which is 30mm.

Okay great thanks. I ended up taking the crankset off and confirmed it's 30mm (I also have the turbine crankset).

Anyone have any recommendations on replacement BB? I feel like my head is spinning trying to understand BB standards.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
I am having issues with YT. Manufacturing defect on the rear triangle of a alu jeffsy and its been three months since they said they would send out a new one. Now no one is answering emails or phone calls. Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it?

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
monsieurgage wrote:
I am having issues with YT. Manufacturing defect on the rear triangle of a alu jeffsy and its been three months since they said they would send out a new one. Now no one is answering emails or phone calls. Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it?

Contact YT USA, or the main shop in Germany. The guy in Canada is all but useless.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
Well, sadly no longer part of the club. Sold my 2018 Jeffsy yesterday, that was such a rad bike.

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
I was looking at the seat clamps. Found the Wolf Tooth that would look great with my ‘19 Pro Race. Buttt.... stock clamp is 35.6 mm. And it’s impossible to find aftermarket in this size!
34.9 seems very popular size (that’s what my Capra shred uses)
Has anyone been able to find the 35.6 sized options?

I saw some guy posted that he tried 34.9 but it was too small. I bet 36.4 would be too big. What a odd size

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Just purchased a 2017 Jeffsy for my lad and was looking to upgrade the deluxe shock on it.... What are people running and how much clearance with a piggy back shock. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
ifindoubtflatout wrote:
Just purchased a 2017 Jeffsy for my lad and was looking to upgrade the deluxe shock on it.... What are people running and how much clearance with a piggy back shock. Thanks in advance.

I run a Fox X2 on mine. It fits great and really improved the bike. A buddy has a DVO topaz on his and it’s also an excellent choice.

Get a 230x60mm or a 230x65mm shock and you’re all set. The 60mm stroke gives you 150mm of rear wheel travel on the 2017 frame. The 65mm shock gets you 160mm travel.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
ifindoubtflatout wrote:

I run a Fox X2 on mine. It fits great and really improved the bike. A buddy has a DVO topaz on his and it’s also an excellent choice.

Get a 230x60mm or a 230x65mm shock and you’re all set. The 60mm stroke gives you 150mm of rear wheel travel on the 2017 frame. The 65mm shock gets you 160mm travel.
Thanks for the response..... I will look into the longer stroke.

Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 23:31 Quote
ifindoubtflatout wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
ifindoubtflatout wrote:

I've upgraded my 2018 AL Base from a DPS to a DPX2 230x65 shock. it's much smoother and give me more confidence in chunky downhills but I found it lost a bit of it's poppiness

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
Hey guys, I have the 2020 Jeffsy Base and I am not sure which side of the bike the flip chip with the wording goes on. I currently have it on the drive side. Is this right?

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Hey guys, I have the 2020 Jeffsy Base and I am not sure which side of the bike the flip chip with the wording goes on. I currently have it on the drive side. Is this right?
It doesn't make a difference which side the wording is. If the whole is towards the steering it's steeper and if it's towards the rear it's slacker.
Just make sure both sides are towards the same direction!

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
ifindoubtflatout wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
ifindoubtflatout wrote:

Do yourself a favor and go with a coil, I promise you won't regret it. I personally went with a Marzocchi bomber, cr and it transformed the bike for the best.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013389
Mobile Version of Website