Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 14, 2017 at 18:32 Quote
DavidsonJimmy wrote:
Heck ya joined the club as of today! Looking forward to shred the AL Comp soooon! Placed my order for the June 28th availability, anyone else waiting on that date??

I had a delay on my Capra AL and upgraded to the AL comp, the bike for me gets here on Tuesday.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2017 at 22:48 Quote
jkerrl wrote:
DavidsonJimmy wrote:
Heck ya joined the club as of today! Looking forward to shred the AL Comp soooon! Placed my order for the June 28th availability, anyone else waiting on that date??

I'm still waiting on my CF Pro with an April 26th availability..... Apparently should arrive on Friday at the latest!
Rode with a girl on the weekend and she's friends with JM at YT, inside scoop is she's helping him with a big shipment coming in tomorrow or Friday, she says it was a ton of bikes. Good luck!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
jkerrl wrote:
DavidsonJimmy wrote:

I'm still waiting on my CF Pro with an April 26th availability..... Apparently should arrive on Friday at the latest!
Rode with a girl on the weekend and she's friends with JM at YT, inside scoop is she's helping him with a big shipment coming in tomorrow or Friday, she says it was a ton of bikes. Good luck!

helping him with a big load eh

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
Anyone went from Lyriks/Rockshox to Fox?

Might have the money to upgrade to the CF Pro later this year and I'm wondering whether it's worth it? Riding a 2015 CF Comp (Lyriks Guide R Yellow/Waspy one) now and I'd have to get rid of it to fund the Pro.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 2:44 Quote
mingliu wrote:
Hi guys, another poll !

Need a majority opinion from this forum.

Do you consider this a case for a warranty claim? I can see cracks near the shock mount area of the seatstay and the underside is starting to flake although this could be paint. Anyone else had this problem on their frame? Spoken to YT service desk and they reckon no fatigue although I'm dubious with their assessment. They also said you should be changing the frameset bearings annually even if you only ride 2 weeks a year in bike parks/alpine riding !! I don't see this mentioned anywhere in the owners manual.

photo
photo
photo

That looks like a warranty to me buddy. I would recommend you grab yourself a new frame before the warranty expires.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:21 Quote
Does anyone know anything about a new capra being released in the near future with updated geo

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:24 Quote
The release of jefsy in 27.5" made many of us think of a 29er capra.....just speculating though....

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:28 Quote
Possibly I'm just hoping they bring it out soon because I'm too big for the current capras

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:29 Quote
Mountainenduro wrote:
Does anyone know anything about a new capra being released in the near future with updated geo

Guestimate is the next model will be, based on this one being 4 years old now...

But.... The XL is only 1 year old and its very unlikely they would create a carbon mold for just one year of production....

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:32 Quote
They couldn't just leave the XL behind and update the others though and it needs to be updated relatively soon

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:42 Quote
Wouldn't surprise me if they went 27.5/29 next to be honest. Industry is going in that direction. 160/170 29er I think.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:45 Quote
Yeh I agree but I feel that they will go metric shocks for the next as well as boost and add 30mm to the reach for frame sizes.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 3:49 Quote
A 160mm 29er capra would be pretty awesome.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 4:25 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Anyone went from Lyriks/Rockshox to Fox?

Might have the money to upgrade to the CF Pro later this year and I'm wondering whether it's worth it? Riding a 2015 CF Comp (Lyriks Guide R Yellow/Waspy one) now and I'd have to get rid of it to fund the Pro.

Think this got lost in discussions btw, anyone?

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 4:31 Quote
Does anyone have a rough idea when the new one will be released? or news of it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.716583
Mobile Version of Website