Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 6:25 Quote
Alexhoward91 wrote:
Does anyone have a rough idea when the new one will be released? or news of it?

Such information is usually kept under very tight wraps until the company wants to release the information at the opportune time. Next time I run into Cam Zink at a bar I'll try asking. haha

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
Anyone with a Fox Float X2 can share their compression and rebound settings ? Cant get it to feel right Frown

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
Darkysh wrote:
Anyone with a Fox Float X2 can share their compression and rebound settings ? Cant get it to feel right Frown

Did you try the Fox guide? That's what I used and it seems to have worked well so far.

https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=556

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
cattlebruiser wrote:
DavidsonJimmy wrote:
Heck ya joined the club as of today! Looking forward to shred the AL Comp soooon! Placed my order for the June 28th availability, anyone else waiting on that date??

I have an order in from availability on a Medium aL comp from May 31...spoke with YT recently. Apparently one of the suppliers (or something of the sort) messed up an order which delayed the process. So they told me it should ship (as of a week ago) in 2-3 weeks.

but ya...still waiting. Can't wait to get this thing to trestle bike park

Thats crazy, I was speaking with JM when I ordered my bike. He said at the time "FYI the june 28th might be the first week of July. The boat left a little later than expected."
Sounds like we might be receiving bikes at a similar time..

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
mingliu wrote:
Hi guys, another poll !

Need a majority opinion from this forum.

Do you consider this a case for a warranty claim? I can see cracks near the shock mount area of the seatstay and the underside is starting to flake although this could be paint. Anyone else had this problem on their frame? Spoken to YT service desk and they reckon no fatigue although I'm dubious with their assessment. They also said you should be changing the frameset bearings annually even if you only ride 2 weeks a year in bike parks/alpine riding !! I don't see this mentioned anywhere in the owners manual.

photo
photo
photo

I would get it looked at.
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 5:04 Quote
Think I may also have a cracked frame. Doesn't feel like its just a paint crack :s Under the plastic guard too.

Crack in frame or paint

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
You got that with the Plastic guard on ?

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
Anyone tried runnin the Cappy with a dual crown fork? The SB6 seems to handle it and the Delerium is designed for it? Apple to orange to pear, I know. Just curious what PB thinks. Cheers!

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
Adambaker14791 wrote:
Think I may also have a cracked frame. Doesn't feel like its just a paint crack :s Under the plastic guard too.

Crack in frame or paint

Shite - looks like a big rock strike!?

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
Yes, plastic guard on and I'm not so sure what caused it. I'm guessing it was either a rock strike or the bike bounced into a tree or something. I don't know how long I've been riding it like this.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 23:17 Quote
Alexhoward91 wrote:
shortly after newyear at the earliest before anything happens
last 2 times new models was released there

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 23:37 Quote
MrJakobsen wrote:
Alexhoward91 wrote:
shortly after newyear at the earliest before anything happens
last 2 times new models was released there

Yea they release new version of existing models in Jan. But new models entirely (eg when capra and jeffsy 29 were launched) were a few months later in the year - March/April.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
amonas wrote:
does anyone knows the exact spoke length for the E1900 wheelset?it seems impossible to find it on their website....
they are near 280mm(champion model) but there available at 278,280,282,284...so i do not know which length to order...

Noone?

Edited: found it. it's 284mm

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 17:30 Quote
You can drool over the capra with my video:

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 18:30 Quote
Looking for some clarification. If my Capra has a HTA of 65 with a 170mm fork, would the HTA change to 65.5 with a 160mm fork?

Just wanting to see if my assumption is correct.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028942
Mobile Version of Website