YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 22:27 Quote
Paulplatt wrote:
After some advice before I put a returnable deposit on a 2nd hand Jeffsy please.
I’m 5:8/9 and 30” leg. Bike in question is a medium and 2017 27.5. I can only find the sizing for the recent bikes. Reading a few threads the medium should be fine, but I’m bottom end of a large. I’ve never had a large bike!
I’m returning to uk in a few weeks and spec of the bike is good, so don’t want to miss a sale. Thanks.

5'7" with 30" leg, I've had a 2018 medium for 5 years now and it fits me perfectly, other than the standover being a touch high, so it should be a perfect fit for you. Also, the dropper was a bit high so I went with a oneup 170mm for more drop and more clearance at the same time along with a nukeproof horizon enduro saddle which has a lower profile. I'd like to go for 165mm cranks as well but they're a bit expensive for me.
all in all, you should be spot on for sizing"

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2023 at 8:21 Quote
I'm 5'10"/11" with a 32" inseam and the medium felt fine. Although I prefer bikes on the smaller side. Some people like to size up anyways for added room and possibly stability (can't remember off hand if the wheel base changes with larger sizes). Part is personal preference and part is bike fit. You can always make cockpit adjustments if you go for the larger or smaller size (seat position, stem length, bar orientation). If its a good deal and you're unhappy with the fit then you could always sell the bike.

Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 6:55 Quote
Paulplatt wrote:
After some advice before I put a returnable deposit on a 2nd hand Jeffsy please.
I’m 5:8/9 and 30” leg. Bike in question is a medium and 2017 27.5. I can only find the sizing for the recent bikes. Reading a few threads the medium should be fine, but I’m bottom end of a large. I’ve never had a large bike!
I’m returning to uk in a few weeks and spec of the bike is good, so don’t want to miss a sale. Thanks.

Here is the sizing for the 27.5 jeffsy
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/23530753/

Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 14:27 Quote
Hey guys im thinking of buying a yt jeffsy core 2 but am right in between the recommended sizes measuring 6ft/183cm should i go L or XL

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009072
Mobile Version of Website