Giant trance?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant trance?
O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 5:41 Quote
The Trance can take a lot of abuse. I have ridden mine quite hard and am also over 200 pounds. You can easily hit 2-3 foot drops on it, with a bit of a transition. If they are to flat then you can expect that it will break sooner than later but it will take it for a while. Like someone above said, the components will give before the frame will.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 7:10 Quote
pjd2100 wrote:
Giant is great on the warrenty side of things, i've owned a lot of giants (6 so far) and currently race xc on the anthem (amazing bike). i push that bike as hard if not harder then my old 26 trance from 2008. im building up a new trance advanced and cant wait to ride everything from my local trails to some light park stuff every once and a while. the new trance handles amazingly and can prob handle more then the majority of us can throw at it, i mean we may get to the limits of our ability but deff not the bikes ha ha (i say this after watching the giant team riders Adam Craig and Matt Miller push the bikes faster and harder then i thought possible ha ha)

heres a pic of the frame im buildin ha ha so excited
new trance frame

beautiful frame!

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 7:20 Quote
Looks sick dude! Probably the frame I will get. I'll just buy the whole enchilada and do upgrades from there though. I think I have a long time before my frame dies.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 8:00 Quote
TNFking wrote:
Only tiff with Giant is the Overdrive 2 crap.

thats why you get the frame only so you can do regular tapper not the overdrive two crap ha ha

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 8:01 Quote
pjd2100 wrote:
TNFking wrote:

thats why you get the frame only so you can do regular tapper not the overdrive two crap ha ha

can't you change the headset? (on a complete bike)

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 9:09 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
pjd2100 wrote:
TNFking wrote:

You would have to buy a fork and new upper portion of the headset. I did this with my 2012.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 9:25 Quote
ShantySpark wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
pjd2100 wrote:

You would have to buy a fork and new upper portion of the headset. I did this with my 2012.

you can do that, or just start with the right sizes ha ha

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
pjd2100 wrote:
ShantySpark wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:

Agreed, i was just answering Hardtailriders' question.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:29 Quote
ShantySpark wrote:
pjd2100 wrote:
ShantySpark wrote:

Agreed, i was just answering Hardtailriders' question.

isn't there any other compagny that makes overdrive compatible stems?

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
yes cromag make the ranger stem in overdrive 2 50mm, but it is super expensive

et oui hardtrailrider2013 je parle francais jabite au Nouveau Brunswick

Posted: May 11, 2014 at 21:11 Quote
Anyone know if its possible to put a 2013 giant reign linkages and swing arm onto a trance x? im looking to get more travel out of my bike and i cant put a longer shock on it so i was wondering if i replaced the back end with a longer travel bike would it be able to work?

Posted: May 11, 2014 at 23:34 Quote
I would say a BIG NO to that idea Thumbs Down

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 5:02 Quote
TimField42 wrote:
Anyone know if its possible to put a 2013 giant reign linkages and swing arm onto a trance x? im looking to get more travel out of my bike and i cant put a longer shock on it so i was wondering if i replaced the back end with a longer travel bike would it be able to work?
Yeah, terrible idea. Don't mess with the geometry if the bike dude. 1) it automatically voids any sort of warranty and 2) the frame was never intended for those kind of stresses.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 5:52 Quote
it would not fit at all

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
max14221 wrote:
I would say a BIG NO to that idea Thumbs Down
alright thanks haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.079972
Mobile Version of Website