100 (or more) days of Biking in 2013

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of Biking in 2013
O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 17:42 Quote
10 - DH shuttles, feelin good but knee is sore

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 18:06 Quote
Quick 5 mile XC loop with log rolls jumps and rock gardens. One of the techiest trails Long Island has to offer

6/150

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 19:26 Quote
1- but it was a great one for several reasons and bodes well for the season...

Broken thumb and torn ligament repaired in November, so this was my first ride since the injury. Also, last weekend I disassembled my 2x10 and employed 1x10... so yesterday was my first experience with 1x10. Love it, so much more flow! I got up all the same climbs (1600+ feet of climbing) I could with 2x10, though with some bursts of hard aggressive pedaling at times that showed my conditioning needs some work, and the transitions between changes in terrain were so much more smooth and enjoyable. Overall, I rode faster and stronger, attacked sections where I normally would have been just cruising til the next downhill, and the fun factor had me hitting jumps and drops (small, up to 3') that I normally just scope for stronger days. Well, turned out to be a stronger day.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 20:12 Quote
Sounds awesome! stoked for you man! I cant wait until my first ride!

Posted: Jan 20, 2013 at 21:35 Quote
Nice, thanks! Being injured sucks. I actually broke my thumb sliding out my road bike on gravel in the dark on an early morning commute to work. Hittin the trails again tomorrow, it's 60 and sunny in NorCal!

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 0:50 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

hate that feeling, riding sucks when your sick.. for me I get so tired can't catch my breath like some kinda hardcore smoker when Im sick.

Yeah. And I just found out they are plowing our jumps on monday, and I never got a last sesh on them.

that really sucks, I've never built anywhere except my own property for fear of it being plowed

You're lucky, I wish I had private property I was allowed to build on.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 0:50 Quote
10 at the trails. Kelly mcgarry f*cking shreds.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 8:40 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

Yeah. And I just found out they are plowing our jumps on monday, and I never got a last sesh on them.

that really sucks, I've never built anywhere except my own property for fear of it being plowed

I'm building trail on a big hill behind my apartment. I have no idea who it belongs to either, just be respectful of your neighbors and they typically wont care

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 8:43 Quote
11/150 GOT BACK MY 26" BABY

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:02 Quote
WillthePhisherman wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

I'm building trail on a big hill behind my apartment. I have no idea who it belongs to either, just be respectful of your neighbors and they typically wont care

This land is the only place we can build dirtjumps on for 30km. Its owned by the
CRD, and because they are too cheap to get insurance on the land, they have to plow our jumps a couple times.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 13:08 Quote
10/100, first ride in about a week, had minor surgery done on my back and had stitches that couldn't burst.

Shitty ride that just involved some tuning and inside town riding about...

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
Just adding a pic from the race Smile

Wicked shot by Chris Davidson

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 18:14 Quote
13/120

Trail riding.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 23:59 Quote
5 - Finally got some time off work, more edit clips

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 6:02 Quote
11/100, XC ride during rain, so much fun, bike needs a good wash now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013763
Mobile Version of Website