Powered by Outside

Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 23:15 Quote
I've just had to regrease the head bearings and there was loads of water up there , was using a sponge to stop crap entering but think I'll have to try harder !
Ninj4bee............how you getting on with your shock ?

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 5:05 Quote
[Quote="Ninj4bee............how you getting on with your shock ?[/Quote]

Yeah no issues so far, I've added 2 rings but I'm going to double that to 4 as I'm still blowing through my travel. But apart from that it feels good.

Why have you had issues/concerns?

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
No , I'm really impressed with the way they work , was just curious !

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 11:48 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
[Quote="Ninj4bee............how you getting on with your shock ?

Yeah no issues so far, I've added 2 rings but I'm going to double that to 4 as I'm still blowing through my travel. But apart from that it feels good.

Why have you had issues/concerns?[/Quote]

I just bumped mine up to from 2 to 3 rings, getting good sag @ 250psi and not pushing the o-ring off anymore. Lot's more pop now, 4 might be too much.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 3:19 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:
[Quote="Ninj4bee............how you getting on with your shock ?

Why have you had issues/concerns?

I just bumped mine up to from 2 to 3 rings, getting good sag @ 250psi and not pushing the o-ring off anymore. Lot's more pop now, 4 might be too much.[/Quote]

Ah OK mate cheers, good to know! mine feels nice and planted but maybe lacking a little pop and is just bottoming out off of big drops or jumps so maybe adding 1 ring a nd a little extra pressure may sort it.

Thanks for the info!

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
Roguee wrote:
Anybody have any idea how to get all the muck out (and keep it out) from above the bb where the cables enter the frame?

here's the solution i handmade (bottom of the page) free and works very well.

http://forum.velovert.com/topic/78499-forum-des-proprietaire-de-meta/page__st__24600

when I wash my bike, I don't hesitate to flood the down tube, then rotate the bike to remove water through the same way.

for the headset, I removed the fork to have acess to the junction hole between the top tube and headtube, and obturated it with duct tape. no problems so far.

note for non french readers, on the 2nd picture you can see a second little device whiche was the 1.0 version of my mudguard, just here the time needed to test the 2.0 version (2.0 is the one we can see on the first picture, in my hand). I removed the 1.0 version since the 2.0 works perfectly well.

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 20:37 Quote
those of you rocking water bottles on your bikes, can you show some pics?

does a 21 oz camelbak podium chill fit?

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 11:07 Quote
So anyone running the new Float X with the Evol sleeve ?
Im thinking it could be really good for this frame

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:

Running the normall float x and it rocks.

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 11:56 Quote
ColinD wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:

Nice , I think I will try one out , can you get at the rebound with fingers only or need a pokey thing ? haha

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
ColinD wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:

Nice , I think I will try one out , can you get at the rebound with fingers only or need a pokey thing ? haha

Yeah you will need a pokey thing bud its doable.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 14:48 Quote
hey Siliker,
I am gonna run the Meta V4 with a Vorsprung Corset Air Sleeve equipped Float X, which should work similiar to the EVOL air can. this should work great and because of the progressive to linear/disgressive leverage rate it should be super according to Steve from Vorsprung " Corset provides distinct improvements in bump absorption, support and liveliness. This combination, in my opinion, allows for the the highest performance currently available from an air shock and linkage curve, and is particularly good with the Corset."

Really excited to finally try the new frame this weekend tomorrow is my last exam *sigh*.

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 18:06 Quote
r0bb wrote:
hey Siliker,
I am gonna run the Meta V4 with a Vorsprung Corset Air Sleeve equipped Float X, which should work similiar to the EVOL air can. this should work great and because of the progressive to linear/disgressive leverage rate it should be super according to Steve from Vorsprung " Corset provides distinct improvements in bump absorption, support and liveliness. This combination, in my opinion, allows for the the highest performance currently available from an air shock and linkage curve, and is particularly good with the Corset."

Really excited to finally try the new frame this weekend tomorrow is my last exam *sigh*.

Sweet man thats why I was thinking the evol / corset would be good for the frame , let me know how it works for you

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 15:08 Quote
Minutes before mud bath Smile

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039287
Mobile Version of Website