Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
[Quote="jheldt"]
xtremerider33 wrote:
jheldt wrote:

i did last time its really fun and technical with a few stunts. theres also like a eight-foot high logride but it has nets on the sides so its not that scary. you should try it next time if you like the north-shore style type trails.

yeah but i've seen photos of a huge drop that you hit coming around a corner and never knew if i should try it...

i rode clown shoes once, never again, haha, that trail was really gnarly. theres like a rockface that drops off 5 feet into a 90 degree corner, its crazy, haha. and the drop has a humungo rock in the landing, so go far if you do it

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
[Quote="PNWrider"]
jheldt wrote:
xtremerider33 wrote:

yeah but i've seen photos of a huge drop that you hit coming around a corner and never knew if i should try it...

i rode clown shoes once, never again, haha, that trail was really gnarly. theres like a rockface that drops off 5 feet into a 90 degree corner, its crazy, haha. and the drop has a humungo rock in the landing, so go far if you do it
oh i though he was talking about that wooden drop at the end. ya i dont remember that rock face drop but i dont think i hit it anyways.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
[Quote="jheldt"]
PNWrider wrote:
jheldt wrote:

oh i though he was talking about that wooden drop at the end. ya i dont remember that rock face drop but i dont think i hit it anyways.

oh, wen i was talking about the drop with the rock in the landing i meant the ladder at the bottom, sorry

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
well which one was he talking about? im so confused

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
he was talking about the ladder

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
oh alright. ya you should hit clown shoes next time just go around the drop. i really hope i dont go during crankworxs this year, because i did last year and it really hard to get some runs in. way to busy and lots of spectatres in the way of the line up.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
oh and another question, in videos i've seen a wide open run with big dirt hips on the side....is that freight train??

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
Either freight train, aline, or dirt merchant.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
morse-code wrote:
Either freight train, aline, or dirt merchant.

no i have ridden a-line and dirt merchant but not freight train...so i guess thats it.....man this thread is getting me soo pumped for whistler. someone put some videos of the bike park on here

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
Yeah sorry that's up in garbanzo i thought you meant just a wide run with big jumps.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
heres a couple of my favorites

Views: 15,504    Faves: 306    Comments: 51

Views: 63,307    Faves: 1,298    Comments: 251

Views: 8,926    Faves: 143    Comments: 39

Views: 14,152    Faves: 142    Comments: 37

Views: 12,251    Faves: 182    Comments: 39

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
it could have been crabapple hits. those are some big poppy tables tup

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
oohhh! that one by alinelover is mine! its my old account haha glad you like it

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
oohhh! that one by alinelover is mine! its my old account haha glad you like it

ohh lol good job on the video Wink anyone got any good videos of whistler?

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
"Jay Robinson, Ken Marlor and Marty Gautry will firing up the mini excavators to start peeling back the neve from A-Line and Crank it Up with the intent of having those two trails clear by opening day."

copied from the whistler website

http://www.whistlerbike.com/information/updates/april25_08.htm

looks like John Cowan is designing the park again, hopefully this year it will be better

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020443
Mobile Version of Website