Powered by Outside

Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere

PB Forum :: Beginners
Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
dmrlover wrote:
i did my first jump on a saracen x ray and then i ruined it so i bought a cheap gt vertigo bmx from a car boot ruined that so i bought a raleigh mountain bike and singlespeeded it new bars seat rims tyres pedals and i had so much fun on it just doing little 2 - 4 foot doubles but then i bent the frame so i decided im fed up of cheap shitty bikes and got myself a dmr drone for £250 from ebay, and then that lasted nearly 2 years when i built my custom charge iron and now ride proper trails, but now im into park lol... never quit just buy your self a nice bike, maybe for a beginner a saracen amplitude or a gt ruckus and build maybe 3 jumps in the woods and wen u can get through them comfortably make them bigger and bigger. also ride with people better than u if u can.
yes riding with better ppl can be discoraging at times but by doing it you get to watch and see how to do stunts properly so you have a much better chance at being succesful when you try it Big Grin and then you have some1 to try and catch up to in skill which will push you more then if you rode by yourself

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
dmrlover wrote:
i did my first jump on a saracen x ray and then i ruined it so i bought a cheap gt vertigo bmx from a car boot ruined that so i bought a raleigh mountain bike and singlespeeded it new bars seat rims tyres pedals and i had so much fun on it just doing little 2 - 4 foot doubles but then i bent the frame so i decided im fed up of cheap shitty bikes and got myself a dmr drone for £250 from ebay, and then that lasted nearly 2 years when i built my custom charge iron and now ride proper trails, but now im into park lol... never quit just buy your self a nice bike, maybe for a beginner a saracen amplitude or a gt ruckus and build maybe 3 jumps in the woods and wen u can get through them comfortably make them bigger and bigger. also ride with people better than u if u can.
yes riding with better ppl can be discoraging at times but by doing it you get to watch and see how to do stunts properly so you have a much better chance at being succesful when you try it Big Grin and then you have some1 to try and catch up to in skill which will push you more then if you rode by yourself

point. hard. lol . i like to ride with someone better than me, and someone not as good. you feel better than someone, but your learning at the same time Smile .

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
mc12spyder wrote:
i cant even wheelie properlyFrown lol im shit scared of dirt jumps but i try lol Smile you could start djing. Smile i reckon itld work

do yourself a favour. go to halfords. get and x rated. and use as beginner. at my local skatepark, theres this dude in year 8. he has an x rated. and he is floopin good Smile try it or get a second hand one. its cheapSmile

Stop promoting your dads store and read the forum rules Madder

Edit* I started riding dh 2 years ago on a 07 Norco Katmandu(krapmanpoo) and I finally got a new bike and its a 05'. I'm one of those kids that just get a bike and keep it for 3 years and I keep shredding. So Keep shreddin man

lolz ya it was good for me cause i had my twin bro we both started riding same time on hardtails and then 2 yrs of that we both went and got fullys Razz so then there was always better ppl then me and some1 the same skill lol

with a bike like yours. try taking what you can do to the next level Smile
#
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/69724/Smile

Mod
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
mc12spyder wrote:
i cant even wheelie properlyFrown
A good rear brake helps immensely. Also try altering your seat height..there's always a "sweet spot" where the balance point becomes very easy to hold. Practice on a very slight down gradient, and whenever you dab the brake, kick the pedals to counteract it slightly. It's a case of practice makes perfect. You'll get there Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
mc12spyder wrote:
#
lol that vid is sweet dude and yay...f*ck i cant even do catwalks on my bike Frown but i can hit 20 ft gaps/drops so its all good LoL

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
mc12spyder wrote:
#
lol that vid is sweet dude and yay...f*ck i cant even do catwalks on my bike Frown but i can hit 20 ft gaps/drops so its all good LoL
lol Big Grin sweeeeeeeeet

Mod
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
Tdavis wrote:

I very much doubt his dad owns Halfords lol (it's a major chain-store in the UK) Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Tdavis wrote:

I very much doubt his dad owns Halfords lol (it's a major chain-store in the UK) Smile

Well I've seen him promote it pretty much everytime I see his username in the forum. And I think I saw some say it was his dads store but I guess not. My apologies.!

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Tdavis wrote:

lol, foreign people amuse me.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
johnrichy wrote:
almostwise wrote:
Tdavis wrote:

lol, foreign people amuse me.

Hey hey read my above post. I feel like a idiot and you foreign to me =D

Mod
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
^lol

Let's get this back on track Beer

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
it is a really expensive sport. There is no way my parents would have been able to get me solid mountain bike, so i had wallmart specials growing up. After i started working i was able to get a decent mountain bike. Now i have a DH, DJ, and Road Bike. Just use what you can for now, and later on when you start working and saving money you wont worry about the costs of mountain biking.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
almostwise wrote:
mc12spyder wrote:
i cant even wheelie properlyFrown
A good rear brake helps immensely. Also try altering your seat height..there's always a "sweet spot" where the balance point becomes very easy to hold. Practice on a very slight down gradient, and whenever you dab the brake, kick the pedals to counteract it slightly. It's a case of practice makes perfect. You'll get there Smile

lol thnx Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.312920
Mobile Version of Website