Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

A dedicated thread to show off your specialized

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
A dedicated thread to show off your specialized
O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 16:49 Quote
no i meant on any bike. if the frame is bigger would that change the amount of travel the bike could handle. so say would a large frame be able to handle more than a small or medium? great bikes guys keep it up!! your givin me somethin to dream for!!

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:16 Quote
gracedrummerx wrote:
northshorebiker wrote:
blackXLabel13 wrote:

would the size of the frame affect the size of the fork you can put on?

you shouldnt be running a fork above 130mm on that frame at all. not only does it affect the GEo of the bike it affects the strength of the frame

agreed

good thoughts but doesnt work
i love the geo of this bike it fits me perfectley for the steer tube i have taken alot of shit about people thinking my frame is gonna break but ya know what it hasent yet so i dont think it will its been to hell and back this last season and stood strong i dont believe it will break if it hasent already i run these forks because i like them i got them for an amazing deal and thats my dream look for this bike from the miniut i bought it i reasearched it i aksed shops i asked fellow bikers they all say (aside to you pinkbike haters of my bike) that they like my bike its a good set up the geo is surprislingy good and that its really strong and even they have to admit that they were wrong about it craking or breaking or w/e thtas all i have to say on this im not being rude i jsut dont liek haters ranting about shit thats not theres and doesent affect them EVEN WHEN THERE WRONG! they havent seen my bike up clsoe they havent ridden my bike if they did they'd think diffrentley

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
hendu wrote:
gracedrummerx wrote:
northshorebiker wrote:

you shouldnt be running a fork above 130mm on that frame at all. not only does it affect the GEo of the bike it affects the strength of the frame

agreed

i love the geo of this bike it fits me perfectley for the steer tube i have taken alot of shit about people thinking my frame is gonna break but ya know what it hasent yet so i dont think it will its been to hell and back this last season and stood strong i dont believe it will break if it hasent already i run these forks because i like them i got them for an amazing deal and thats my dream look for this bike from the miniut i bought it i reasearched it i aksed shops i asked fellow bikers they all say (aside to you pinkbike haters of my bike) that they like my bike its a good set up the geo is surprislingy good and that its really strong and even they have to admit that they were wrong about it craking or breaking or w/e thtas all i have to say on this im not being rude i jsut dont liek haters ranting about shit thats not theres and doesent affect them EVEN WHEN THERE WRONG! they havent seen my bike up clsoe they havent ridden my bike if they did they'd think diffrentley

Just becouse it hasnt yet dosnt mean it woulnt. i just fired off an email to my specialized rep asking what the max travel recomended for your frame is i'll post it when i get it back. im not hating you or your bike im just saying its not a good plan to ride your bike with those forks unless your a total noobcake and it never leaves the ground

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
northshorebiker wrote:
hendu wrote:
gracedrummerx wrote:

agreed

Just becouse it hasnt yet dosnt mean it woulnt. i just fired off an email to my specialized rep asking what the max travel recomended for your frame is i'll post it when i get it back. im not hating you or your bike im just saying its not a good plan to ride your bike with those forks unless your a total noobcake and it never leaves the ground

trust me buddy it leaves the ground iv hit plenty of big stuff with this bike its still perfect and i dont believe it will break because iv already put it though alot and its survived

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:25 Quote
what does it matter, if he likes his bike, he likes it. leave it alone, grow a pair and ride ur bike

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:30 Quote
skierdude52689 wrote:
what does it matter, if he likes his bike, he likes it. leave it alone, grow a pair and ride ur bike
agreed, hes not a noob for thinkin outta the box. if it works it works. i plan on doing something along the sam elines with my hardrock, not the DC but a longer travel used for some light dh and fr. ive already put my bike through a lot and the only problems are the square taper cranks which will be upgraded ASAP.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:33 Quote
i made my enduro into a DH/FR rig, its suppose to be xc but hey it works and its awesome

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:33 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
skierdude52689 wrote:
agreed, hes not a noob for thinkin outta the box. if it works it works. i plan on doing something along the sam elines with my hardrock, not the DC but a longer travel used for some light dh and fr. ive already put my bike through a lot and the only problems are the square taper cranks which will be upgraded ASAP.
I agree as well, plus he said he was looking for anew frame anyway. He also asked for suggestions so perhaps we should focus on that. You've all made your point. As for a new frame, are you looking for full suspension or another HT?

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:41 Quote
i dunno im pretty loyal to ht but i wanna keep my forks and i like the look of fully i was thinking a sx trail or morphin or something like that definatley need advise on strong dh and dj ht's and more info on the sx trail looks cool but what are the limits and can it support dc's? im also looking at a big hit frame

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 19:12 Quote
hendu wrote:
i dunno im pretty loyal to ht but i wanna keep my forks and i like the look of fully i was thinking a sx trail or morphin or something like that definatley need advise on strong dh and dj ht's and more info on the sx trail looks cool but what are the limits and can it support dc's? im also looking at a big hit frame

sx trails can definitely support dcs... even your hardrock supports dc, so why shouldn't an sx trail? i've seen some people set up their sxts with fox 40s.

don't get a fully just because you like the look... get it because it suits your riding style and terrain.

btw a hardrock frame is amazingly sturdy, so a dc crown wouldn't hurt it too much, maybe take a couple years off the frame. however, be careful if you ride a lot on that frame, chances are in a couple of years it may snap on you. i've heard of pretty gnarly injuries caused by frames snapping. check it for cracks at the headtube welds regularly.

and remember that putting a dual crown, long travel fork probably voids your lifetime frame warranty from specialized.

a big hit frame would be suitable for you, but if you're looking to stick with a hardtail, take a look at the banshee morphine, ns bitch, and other freeride hardtails - that would be suited for your fork and be of a similar geometry as your hardrock, since you seem to enjoy it as it is right now.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 19:30 Quote
skierdude52689 wrote:
i made my enduro into a DH/FR rig, its suppose to be xc but hey it works and its awesome

me too

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 21:45 Quote
photo

thats my enduro that for dh/fr

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/1600/pbpic1600642.jpg

She gets me down the hill in one piece.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 21:52 Quote
FoxValleyRipper wrote:
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/1600/pbpic1600642.jpg

She gets me down the hill in one piece.
i like the "keep tahoe blue" sticker... i got the same one

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 21:58 Quote
skierdude52689 wrote:
photo

thats my enduro that for dh/fr

i already posted mine but here it is

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.325785
Mobile Version of Website