Post your: Height, Weight, Freeride / Downhill Bike Model, and Frame Size, Comments

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post your: Height, Weight, Freeride / Downhill Bike Model, and Frame Size, Comments
Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 8:25 Quote
Im 6'2" and 220lbs. Buying a medium 2015 operator, am i making a mistake? Feels pretty good tho.

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 9:22 Quote
trade2ride wrote:
Im 6'2" and 220lbs. Buying a medium 2015 operator, am i making a mistake? Feels pretty good tho.
over 6' is an automatic large IMO

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
5'8", 212lbs, 2011 Scott Voltage FR10 size large set up for DH with dual crowns. 30mm direct mount stem on it makes it feel spot on. 400lb spring on the back but I can't seem to get it to feel just right. I don't know if it's the preload or if the spring itself is too firm.

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 12:35 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
trade2ride wrote:

So there are no pros over 6' that prefer a medium? Keep in mind i intend to do park stuff with it

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 13:05 Quote
trade2ride wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
trade2ride wrote:

So there are no pros over 6' that prefer a medium? Keep in mind i intend to do park stuff with it

do whatever feels good

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
trade2ride wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

do whatever feels good
I would agree do whatever feelsgood, but even for an experienced rider who knows tgeir fit, sometimes its good to try different geometry. I know ive surprised myself a couple times by doing so and quickly found benefits even though im hard stuck in my ways

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
Well im not superficial as far as what i look like on the hills but I dont want to look like a bear on a tricycle. Took the bike to some dirt jumps and the the bike rides sooooo well. Makes you wanna get squirrelly in the air. Starting to think that a bigger guy on a bike is gonna look like just that.....a bigger guy on a bike. Looking at some old photos, i look kinda silly on the large frame as well, an XL just isnt an option. I really need to take it on some steeps for the final test.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009516
Mobile Version of Website