Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:21 Quote
That one broke in half and collapsed into the creek. Theres another one right near it that one end is washing away so one end was sloping off to the side. I hit it when the wood was soaking wet and with the angle it was on my front tire sliped right off the side, and I crashed pretty good. I've put a block under the one corner to level it out, but with the washing away of the banks the ladder is reaching the end of its reach and will fall in shortly.

I'm hoping the weather is decent this weekend. I hope to get out there at least once between fri-mon.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
Oh, and you say the best parts are by Bayview? Bayview is nowhere near the place I'm talkin about, you got the right road?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 4:37 Quote
Oops, yeah my bad. I meant Bathurst.

And yeah some of those bridges are super slippery. Some chicken wire or some sort of gritty top coat is needed for some of them haha.

Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
Ya my shin is just starting to heal from the hit it took on the edge of the bridge on my way into the creek bed. Have to figure out some kind of texturing. Theres a construction site righ tnext door.... Not suggesting anything of course.... Just sayin...

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
haha I just got back from a ride back there.............DAMN.

Even just walking on the bridges was crazily slippery! The one that split in half feels like someone put a layer of lube on it LOL.

Other than the slippery bridges, it was a great ride. I would say that about 95% of the trails are damp, but hardly any mud at all.

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
Cool, hopefully it dosnt rain much this week. If I get back to town at a decent hour on friday gonna go for a ride. If not hit it later in the weekend, either sat or mon.

Has anyone actually named that trail? I've talked to a couple outa town friends about it but dont know what to call it, or if it has a name.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
As far as I know there is no name

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
I get the general idea of where this trail is, northwest of davis and younge...which is like what, bathurst and davis? further north of that, like the dead end of bathurst there are trails built. We built some gnar trail out there, but it is land owned by the police so be careful and ready for some questioning/evacuating.

So where is this trail you boys are talking about?

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
The trails are behind Future Shop sort of. I sent you a private message showing exactly where they are. As long as it doesn't rain on Saturday, I plan on spending all day out there. I started a new trail that bypasses a part where a huge tree fell, but it needs a little tweaking to keep some speed up.

There is also some super old dirt jumps (not properly built, too) that have not been used in a long, long long time. Would it be wrong of me to reshape them and to knock one of them in half to start a new downhill trail? It probably won't be a hard core downhill trail, but I want it to have a nice flow with no uphill pedaling. There is some nice natural rollers than can be used if the dirt jumps are fixed.

There is also a chunk of land that bumps up against Green Lane that has not been touched, yet. The only thing is that there is a really low swampy area you have to cross before getting to it. It would be awesome to build a super long bridge straight across the low wet areas.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
I'm hoping to get out at some point in fri/sat/mon will have to see how time goes and how I feel. Hurt my wrist a few weeks ago in a crash at Albion and tweaked it again last night.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
That sucks about the wrist. Wouldn't want to do anything to injure it again right at the end of the season.

I went out today and it was a total mess. One part of the trail has turned into a stream and there is a ton of mud. I pretty much just rode out to where I'm making my trail, dug a little and then took off.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
Brutal, ya wrist is messed right now. Might take a cruise out there on monday.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
Double Post.. sorry

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
Bah, meant to get out all weekend, theres a slippery single board skinny in the north east end of the trail that I wanna nail. Its okay if its perfectly dry and you have the perfect line, but otherwise, askin for hurt.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
Haha yeah that skinny bridge is scary to even walk on when its wet. Sadly, I have not had the balls to ride across it yet. Frown

I'm praying that there is some good clear days ahead, so that I can get in an hour of digging before the sun goes down after work.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.053070
Mobile Version of Website