The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Oct 5, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
MrReddington wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Get out there people!

So excited to go on Saturday. Gonna make some friends. If anyone needs someone to ride with feel free to message me.

I'll be up all weekend on my Supreme or bright rune. Find meh!

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 5:12 Quote
Stainer wrote:
MrReddington wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Get out there people!

So excited to go on Saturday. Gonna make some friends. If anyone needs someone to ride with feel free to message me.

I'll be up all weekend on my Supreme or bright rune. Find meh!

Sweet, I'll be on my black and green operator. I'll keep an eye out for you.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2017 at 13:48 Quote
Stoked to make the move to Whis!!

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 19:41 Quote
Hey folks, just wondering, when would the latest you could ride the valley trails?

Thx

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
ellsworthdare wrote:
Until it snows.

LOL, i guessed that, but thx.

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
So I was in whistler for the past week, and my only question is how the hell do some people who live there full time manage to survive while working and riding the bike park all day? How do they not run out of money?

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 20:52 Quote
specializedpro123 wrote:
So I was in whistler for the past week, and my only question is how the hell do some people who live there full time manage to survive while working and riding the bike park all day? How do they not run out of money?
dirtbag lifestyle. Rent a room in a house for 900 a month, sell your car, get real frugal, work evening or weekend jobs and pound in midweek laps. but yeah... its ridiculous really.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
andrewsantos wrote:
Stoked to make the move to Whis!!
good luck!

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 19:00 Quote
So does anyone know, or can guess the dimensions on the Aline double, just after the bridge under Easy-does-it?

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
Maarrk wrote:
So does anyone know, or can guess the dimensions on the Aline double, just after the bridge under Easy-does-it?
i would guess the first one is 5' high 6' long, second one maybe 5' high and 8' long?

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 3:56 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Maarrk wrote:
i would guess the first one is 5' high 6' long, second one maybe 5' high and 8' long?

It always amazes me how people perceive height and distance. Your heights are close, the second one is probably a bit taller than that.

As for distance, you're waaaaaay off. First one is about 20 feet. Second one is getting close to 30.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
nickel wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
Maarrk wrote:

It always amazes me how people perceive height and distance. Your heights are close, the second one is probably a bit taller than that.

As for distance, you're waaaaaay off. First one is about 20 feet. Second one is getting close to 30.
lol! Seriously?? Lol! I've never stopped to look...wow. I just figured first is bike length and half, second one maybe two bike lengths. I think someone should do some surveying next summer...would be curious of some of the lengths on dm or crabs.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Already been done. 3rd crab is 46, 4th is 54. Big A-Line table after s berms is 35, big side after rock drip is 38. First DM step up is 21 strait pull. That's the main stuff I remember off top of head.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027399
Mobile Version of Website