Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
Stop, wait a second. I totally had no idea about that. Tell me more plz about how to stretch these 10 days. Buy this card online or in ticket office only? Man, that thing is about to save me lots of money, because I was sure I will have to buy season pass again. Really had no idea about that.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Anyone know anything about the annual bike sale? Not the one worca puts on in the village, this one happens at the base of one of the upper chair lifts/parking lot. Can't seem to find any details.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
Stop, wait a second. I totally had no idea about that. Tell me more plz about how to stretch these 10 days. Buy this card online or in ticket office only? Man, that thing is about to save me lots of money, because I was sure I will have to buy season pass again. Really had no idea about that.

Looks like it’s posted on website already but not on sale yet...pretty sure these are 2019.

$300 for a 5 day and $480 for 10 day. You will have the whole season to use it.

On another note....looks like season pass prices are released! $710! Anyone remember what they were last year??

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/bike-park-passes.aspx

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anyone know anything about the annual bike sale? Not the one worca puts on in the village, this one happens at the base of one of the upper chair lifts/parking lot. Can't seem to find any details.

It's been Easter weekend last couple years I think

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
chinaboy wrote:

On another note....looks like season pass prices are released! $710! Anyone remember what they were last year??

as far as i remember it was around 760-780. need to take a look at my card transaction history

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

as far as i remember it was around 760-780. need to take a look at my card transaction history
yeah..you’re right. it was $769 after taxes. You’re coming from Russia to ride?? Wow.

I just dig through my records..
2017 was $ 639
2018 was $679
2019 is $710.
All early bird prices and before taxes.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 23:11 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Chuvak wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

yeah..you’re right. it was $769 after taxes. You’re coming from Russia to ride?? Wow.

2017 was $ 639
2018 was $679
2019 is $710.

Mother of god. How many days would it be worth it to get a full season pass? I know after you use up the 5 or 10 day, day passes are discounted but I can't remember how much.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 23:25 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
Chuvak wrote:

2017 was $ 639
2018 was $679
2019 is $710.

Mother of god. How many days would it be worth it to get a full season pass? I know after you use up the 5 or 10 day, day passes are discounted but I can't remember how much.

Guessing probably 12 days, that seems to be the trend the past few years, I see day pass prices aren’t posted yet.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
You’re coming from Russia to ride?? Wow.
Yep) last year I've spent 3 weeks in Whistler and it was totally rad. 18 days are planned for this year and a month in 2020. And then... My visa expires Big Grin

Pretty expensive, but that worth every cent.
Anyway I hope I will move to west Canada in next 5-7 years. Wanna change country which in I live and work)

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
Chuvak wrote:

2017 was $ 639
2018 was $679
2019 is $710.

I did the math a couple summers ago and it was 15-16 days. With the 10 day pass you've traditionally received a bonus free early season day so 11 free days and then I think roughly a 20% discount on pre purchased day passes that you can add to your pass a week in advance.

They are not advertising a bonus early season day or the ability to add extra days, if that's the case season pass makes sense at 13 days.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:

just a few bugs. we had that last year, bought 5 day pass, but ended up going 9 times (or even 10), due to the awesomeness of the park. I think that you save 6$, so thats basically nothing.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
I think that you save 6$, so thats basically nothing.
hey, hold your horses, Richie Rich, that is almost a sixpack of godlike Growers peach cider Big Grin

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
hey, hold your horses, Richie Rich, that is almost a sixpack of godlike Growers peach cider Big Grin
Or 3 slices of Fat Tony's

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
Chuvak wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:

Haha. Eating every time at the park adds up. I pack my own food.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
Chuvak wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
now we're talking!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014421
Mobile Version of Website