RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 8:27 Quote
cherouvim wrote:
riish wrote:
Also try bleed the air out of the lowers maybe?
I've heard this before. But when I try to assemble the lowers while fully or semi compressed, then there is some of negative pressure in there which prevents the fork from fully extending. So instead of 180 (totem) I have something like 150.

usual practice is "half-compressed" for air rockshox forks, due to the air spring that develops otherwise and stops you achieving full travel.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 18:23 Quote
put the fork upside down and undo the little oil port on the botom of both legs

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 20:40 Quote
math-05stp wrote:

Ill give that a go and see how it feels.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 1:42 Quote
alxtomlinson wrote:
math-05stp wrote:

make sure you give the bolts a slight tap to release them from the lowers when they're half undone, then compress it halfway before doing them up tight.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 2:06 Quote
riish wrote:
alxtomlinson wrote:
math-05stp wrote:

make sure you give the bolts a slight tap to release them from the lowers when they're half undone, then compress it halfway before doing them up tight.

Hes on about the speed lube holes, not the foot nuts.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 3:25 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
riish wrote:
alxtomlinson wrote:

oh, right. forgot we were talking about a totem.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 14:51 Quote
riish wrote:
riish wrote:

Tried tthat out. Don't feel any better. May be oil level. I get all my travel but it gets too stiff after 2 inches of travel.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
Hey guys,

Looking for help from anyone who has had to replace the compression damper on an older (2007) Totem coil. Mine needs replacing and I’ve been trying to decipher the sram parts list and what is compatible with what.

From what I understand I just need to buy the updated damper below and it will be compatible with the existing rebound damper.

Part# 11.4015.544.180 - Compression Damper, Mission Control DH (no Floodgate) – 2012 Totem (includes comp knobs, compatible with all Totem models and years)

If I would like to do the full upgrade and replace the rebound damper with the new one, I need to get the following parts.

Part# 11.4015.427.010 - Damper Tube, Motion Control IS - 2010-2013 Totem (not compatible with 07-09 rebound Damper)

And

Part# 11.4015.416.030 - Rebound Damper (Aluminum Shaft), Mission Control, Mission Control DH - 2010-2012 Totem (not compatible with 07-09 Damper tube) (includes rebound adjuster knob)

If anyone could let me know if I got this upgrading thing right it would be greatly appreciated

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 22:39 Quote
alxtomlinson wrote:
riish wrote:

Tried tthat out. Don't feel any better. May be oil level. I get all my travel but it gets too stiff after 2 inches of travel.

So it's a 2009 lyrik and I upgraded to a 2012 mission control dh damper. It's coil with u turn. Not sure what the fluid levels should be. Feels like maybe too much. Any on know how much oil it should take?

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 1:56 Quote
I had my Lyrik serviced last night so i remember oil levels Big Grin
Try first with 193 mL. See if you can push the rod all the way in. If not, use a syringe and remove 6 mL. Now you should get full travel.

Edit: I'm talking about oil in the damper leg. Dunno the exact amout you put in the lowers.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 3:52 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Try first with 193 mL. See if you can push the rod all the way in. If not, use a syringe and remove 6 mL. Now you should get full travel.

Edit: I'm talking about oil in the damper leg. Dunno the exact amout you put in the lowers.

15ml in the lowers.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
riish wrote:
shoshy wrote:

15ml in the lowers.

...and that's 5w in damper side, & 15w in lowers?

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
shoshy wrote:
That's right

What is wrong have too little oil if the spring is medium and its still too stiff?

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 16:40 Quote
alxtomlinson wrote:
riish wrote:
shoshy wrote:

15ml in the lowers.

...and that's 5w in damper side, & 15w in lowers?

15ml in both sides of the lowers for a coil.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017432
Mobile Version of Website