Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
goytay wrote:
Hey,

Has anyone stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel, and used their bike lock up?, im looking for input before i book.

Cheers
Their bike room is just off the front desk, The clerk lets you into the room to get your bike. Problem is, you could take any bike. When you put it in the room, throw a lock on it as well. Maybe take the seat off too. Aava & the Hilton are much better. Guests are not allowed in the bike rooms. The bellhop takes your bike & gives you a numbered stub which you have to give back to him to get your bike back.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
goytay wrote:
Hey,

Has anyone stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel, and used their bike lock up?, im looking for input before i book.

Cheers
Their bike room is just off the front desk, The clerk lets you into the room to get your bike. Problem is, you could take any bike. When you put it in the room, throw a lock on it as well. Maybe take the seat off too. Aava & the Hilton are much better. Guests are not allowed in the bike rooms. The bellhop takes your bike & gives you a numbered stub which you have to give back to him to get your bike back.

Yea thx, i know about Aava and Hilton as ive stayed there before. Pinnacle is out after i found out about the lock up, so i'll see what Aava,and Hilton got going.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
I hate the pinnacle. No way to lock your bike. I asked the front desk lady and she said it's fine, she remembers who's bike belongs to who. I had no choice nowhere else to keep my bike. Fortunately it never got stolen.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
Some hotel staff must not know how much some of these bikes are worth. If they did, they wouldn't be so flippant about it. The GLC rental store still offers secure bike storage during the day & also overnight. I don't know the cost. The website says it's at "a competitive rate". It's always an option for short term secure bike storage.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Anyone going to the big bike sale this weekend, and/or could tell me about it?

i am not going, but https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whistler-announces-details-for-their-biggest-bike-sale-deals-on-wheels.html

I just swung by there, good deals if you need something. 26" tubes $1 seemed like the best deal haha. Lots of clothing, helmets shoes padding goggles. Ex rental bikes. Some of last year's new bikes at pretty good prices. Not a lot of parts or tires which I would be interested in. Pretty crowded and lot 6 filled up pretty quick.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

i am not going, but https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whistler-announces-details-for-their-biggest-bike-sale-deals-on-wheels.html

I just swung by there, good deals if you need something. 26" tubes $1 seemed like the best deal haha. Lots of clothing, helmets shoes padding goggles. Ex rental bikes. Some of last year's new bikes at pretty good prices. Not a lot of parts or tires which I would be interested in. Pretty crowded and lot 6 filled up pretty quick.

Isn't the sale tomorrow and sun only?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
kevin267 wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:

That's what I thought? Am also interested to know. Would there be someone willing to look at stuff for me? Big Grin

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Sorry

Just dropped by. It's staff or F&F today.
Best deals I saw of interest to me

- some Chromag stems 50 each
- Spank stems 30
- if you're still running 10 spd. Wolftooth and E13 44t cogs for $5
- gloves 20

Wifey got nice girl jerseys for 50

mtbikeaddict wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
kevin267 wrote:

That's what I thought? Am also interested to know. Would there be someone willing to look at stuff for me? Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 17:14 Quote
leelau wrote:
Sorry

Just dropped by. It's staff or F&F today.
Best deals I saw of interest to me

- some Chromag stems 50 each
- Spank stems 30
- if you're still running 10 spd. Wolftooth and E13 44t cogs for $5
- gloves 20

Wifey got nice girl jerseys for 50

mtbikeaddict wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Heck yes. I need a chromag stem.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
Would be interested in XL/XXL bikes, maybe stem/bar, cheap 1x/2x drivetrains, … armor/pads... ? Smile Those cogs and spank stems sound like good deals.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
Only XL (no XXL) bike was a new 2018 Sight A9.2 for $3199. Had some SLX shifters for $35 and XT cassettes for $75. Can probably grab pads for 40% off or so. Chromag stems were all 60mm I think.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
mtbikeaddict wrote:

oh shoot, my partner would need a new helmet :/
but going there from van isle does not make sense.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 2:26 Quote
luckbox wrote:
Only XL (no XXL) bike was a new 2018 Sight A9.2 for $3199. Had some SLX shifters for $35 and XT cassettes for $75. Can probably grab pads for 40% off or so. Chromag stems were all 60mm I think.
Thanks for the info! At least now I won't worry myself about missing out on a bike I'd need. Could you enlighten me on the types of pads? I'd mostly be looking for upper body stuff … a suit/jacket like a Fox Titan or something etc, neck brace, or shin guards... ? Thanks. Smile

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
[Quote="Nonsmoker"]Some hotel staff must not know how much some of these bikes are worth. If they did, they wouldn't be so flippant about it. The GLC rental store still offers secure bike storage during the day & also overnight. I don't know the cost. The website says it's at "a competitive rate". It's always an option for short term secure bike storage.[/Quote.

Yes i forgot about GLC, thx , ill do some calling.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Best deal wasn't at the bike sale. Whistler village sports. Demos with ohlins shock, factory 40 $3999. Go get one!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019170
Mobile Version of Website