Powered by Outside

Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jan 1, 2024 at 17:26 Quote
I’m 6 3”. A demo in S4 gonna be too small? Largest size they make. 29” wheel size. According to website they say it’s good up to 6’4”. What do you guys think? TIA! Mike

Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 12:13 Quote
F1xster wrote:
I’m 6 3”. A demo in S4 gonna be too small? Largest size they make. 29” wheel size. According to website they say it’s good up to 6’4”. What do you guys think? TIA! Mike

Yo, 6.4 I’d say is probably too small for you Frown depends what you want it for ofc but for a race bike I think it would feel very crammed
I’m 511 and I find it abit short, even with a 50mm stem

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 1:13 Quote
Depends on what you need out of the bike. I'm 6'3" and on a 2020 S4 29 that I picked up super cheap and use for bike park & shuttling. I was considering a works reach adjust headset but so far fit is fine, even great you prefer to ride a smaller frame. However, if I was going to drop 5-8k on a modern fit race bike I'd look at XL new-gen V10, Session, Supreme V5, etc.
F1xster wrote:

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2024 at 9:39 Quote
I have a '18 Demo 8 Aluminum that I'm considering running an Ochain on. Would I be able to replace the stock BB30 bottom bracket with a Sram BB-DUB-PF30-A1 and Sram Eagle Dub cranks? Is there a better option to using a direct mount chainring crankset on this bike? I already have a pair of GX cranksets in the spare parts bin.

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 23:20 Quote
Any Gurus here able to enlighten me on this project if it will work?

so i have a 2013 S-works Demo 8 TLD edition frameset already with Manitou Dorado fork so the front is already boosted and since i have a spare Chris King 12x157mm superboost rear hub laying around and the shimano saint 12x150mm on the bike now has a seized "welded' freehub which i can't take it apart even with a 2m long extended bar i'm thinking of taking the wheel apart and lace the superboost hub on... will it fit the frame since the dropout can accomodate 12x150mm...

i'm running mullet on the bike now 29" front DHF and 27.5" rear DHR ( YES 27.5" rear HAS ENOUGHT CLEARANCE EVEN WHEN BOTTOM OUT! )

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 9:57 Quote
Dwyaki wrote:
Any Gurus here able to enlighten me on this project if it will work?

so i have a 2013 S-works Demo 8 TLD edition frameset already with Manitou Dorado fork so the front is already boosted and since i have a spare Chris King 12x157mm superboost rear hub laying around and the shimano saint 12x150mm on the bike now has a seized "welded' freehub which i can't take it apart even with a 2m long extended bar i'm thinking of taking the wheel apart and lace the superboost hub on... will it fit the frame since the dropout can accomodate 12x150mm...

i'm running mullet on the bike now 29" front DHF and 27.5" rear DHR ( YES 27.5" rear HAS ENOUGHT CLEARANCE EVEN WHEN BOTTOM OUT! )

No. Your replacement hub (157 mm) is 7mm bigger than the space you want to put it (150mm). If I've researched the right bike then it came with 150mm rear hub spacing so the 157 will not fit. Unless the frame is superboost already you can't spread it apart to fit a superboost hub.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 12:09 Quote
Use the conversion kit also wouldn’t work?

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 12:13 Quote
Dwyaki wrote:
Use the conversion kit also wouldn’t work?

You can't convert a 157 hub down to a smaller size.

You can make a small hub bigger by adding things - that's what conversion kits do. But if the hub starts at 157 you can't remove material to make it 150.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 12:47 Quote
157 will never fit in any 150 rear spacing frame, you just have to get a 150 hub.

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 20:37 Quote
aight cool cool... my spring DB finally died... any recommendation which shock to get next?? and thinking if it is possible to mullet the bike with a 29er front with 27.5 or 26 rear.. will it be a huge issue if i do that?? fork is a manitou dorado...

Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 8:57 Quote
Dwyaki wrote:
aight cool cool... my spring DB finally died... any recommendation which shock to get next?? and thinking if it is possible to mullet the bike with a 29er front with 27.5 or 26 rear.. will it be a huge issue if i do that?? fork is a manitou dorado...

I've been running mine in a mullet config 29/27.5 w/ the old non-adjustable chainstay. Only change I really did was get shorter cranks as it does drop the bb a fair amount. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 6:40 Quote
460mm reach on the S4, does this feel short these days? Many newer crop DH bikes - V10 and Giant Glory maybe - have a longer reach in line with current geometry figures.

I have an S4 enduro with a reach of about 475 and that feels right to me. Worried the 460 reach will make the demo feel like a cramped last gen geometry bike.

I have a 2019 Stumpjumper Size L and that feels like a BMX to me, too short.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 9:14 Quote
No, 460 seems bang on for an S4. The industry just way overdid it for a while with stupid long bikes, I think short dudes liked it because they were overcompensating for themselves and buying the longest bikes possible. I'm 6ft on an S3 and 446 reach is the biggest I would want to go. There's a point where your bike gets so long you can't even feel jumps and lose all possible steeze and just look like a joey. The enduro will be a longer bike since it's intended to keep you over the front more for going uphill, that's not needed on a DH bike.

Posted: Mar 26, 2024 at 11:47 Quote
Odiguer wrote:
Dwyaki wrote:

I've been running mine in a mullet config 29/27.5 w/ the old non-adjustable chainstay. Only change I really did was get shorter cranks as it does drop the bb a fair amount. Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with it.

not sure if mine is adjustable how would you know if it is adjustable or not? lol... i'm already running a 165mm crankset and maybe lowering the front to 180mm still hunting for a rear shock tho.. lol..

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 8:38 Quote
Dwyaki wrote:
Odiguer wrote:
Dwyaki wrote:

not sure if mine is adjustable how would you know if it is adjustable or not? lol... i'm already running a 165mm crankset and maybe lowering the front to 180mm still hunting for a rear shock tho.. lol..

If there's a flip chip on the pivot by the rear axle, it's adjustable. If there's not, its not Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011480
Mobile Version of Website