Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 23:07 Quote
I got a Chris King headset for $110 and $130 total to install it + tax. is that a good deal?

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 4:29 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
I got a Chris King headset for $110 and $130 total to install it + tax. is that a good deal?

i wish we could get chris king stuff that cheap it costs like £120 for a headset over here which is like double what you pay in the statesJoker

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
Ya, that's a normal price.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 7:18 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
haha, almost 2 grand for a 66? give me a break, then the bike shop owners complaint when people buy online
thats not too bad if its an rc2x or rc3
oh snap, its a horrible price- http://www.google.com/products?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=marzocchi%2066%20rc2x&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
With the bigger shops (UK guys know the ones I mean) that have a bad rep I have gotten to know the guys (only two of them in a huge London store!) that are a). really cool guys, b).ride good bikes and know there stuff and c). don't just make it up as they go along. I know them on a personal level now and know the days that they work so I avoid the place unless they are there!
Most of the dick shops will have at least one or two sweet guys that agree with you about how many dicks they have to work with so if you can, find out when there are there and only visit on these days thus turning a store you avoid into one that is pretty handy on certain days!

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
haha, almost 2 grand for a 66? give me a break, then the bike shop owners complaint when people buy online
thats not too bad if its an rc2x or rc3
oh snap, its a horrible price- http://www.google.com/products?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=marzocchi%2066%20rc2x&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf
exept those are internet prices.a shop pays 1500 for a 66 rc2x at whole sale...

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
well im not comparing shop to shop, im comparing shop to internet and they need to find a way to compete. i know people who work in bike shops and 1500 is not what they say is wholesale. 1500 doesn't even make sense or bike shop owners would just buy a bunch offline for 800 new and sell them. where do internet sites get them? fork companies must be selling them cheap to somebody

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
i needed new pads for my rim V-brakes the
guy at the desk tried selling me disk brake pads instead

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
well im not comparing shop to shop, im comparing shop to internet and they need to find a way to compete. i know people who work in bike shops and 1500 is not what they say is wholesale. 1500 doesn't even make sense or bike shop owners would just buy a bunch offline for 800 new and sell them. where do internet sites get them? fork companies must be selling them cheap to somebody
simple they buy in bulk lets say 500-1000 forks were your lbs will be buying 3-10

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
i love my bike shop so much, they like sell everything at like wholesale prices, i just bought some juicy sevens from the for like $100 and a $400 dollar frame for $140. haha love them, and people there know hella stuff.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
then bike shops need to put a squeeze on distributors and say hey, we can sell them if we get them cheaper. besides, when you buy offline your supporting a local economy somewhere. i simple cant afford to pay an extra grand just to give someone my business, i try to do that with smaller things

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
Waiting at the counter to pay, in some shops you are almost waiting for 45 minutes!

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
dietercarroll wrote:

i wish we could get chris king stuff that cheap it costs like £120 for a headset over here which is like double what you pay in the statesJoker

got mine for 60.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
crashin wrote:
dietercarroll wrote:

got mine for 60.
where from? i want one!Joker

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
dietercarroll wrote:
crashin wrote:
dietercarroll wrote:

got mine for 60.
where from? i want one!Joker

ebay Big Grin , from hong kong, fully legit, and FREE postage, what more can you ask for Whip .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012373
Mobile Version of Website