Powered by Outside

Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
i live i a little hick town and i would not risk it. if you have any enemies your bike will become a target.Joker

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
last time i took my bike to school some a*shole un screwed my quick relase and took it out completly. i got it back on but it wasnt right so when i hoped off a curb the tire fell off and the bike came to a hult.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
no matter how secure you think your bike is, its bound to tempt a thief.
even if your school is in a "nice area"
something bad will happen.
my mates bike got his tires slashed when thieves couldnt steal his bike (stupidly big bike lock)
and my bike got stolen from a secure storage unit (a locked room) in my uni halls.
needless to say i spent 150 GBP on a kryptonite lock, and i am never leaving my bike out of my view. i sleep with it in my bed.
i am not joking.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
wrap some wire round the saddle, then just get a car battery and wire it up to it.
i wouldnt want to sit on that.
also, hiring a rifle squad might work.
or a chain with no lock- just welded together.
hope you found these useful!

oli

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
i would build up a piece of shit bike to ride to school. you can buy a brand new one for 100

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
no matter how secure you think your bike is, its bound to tempt a thief.
even if your school is in a "nice area"
something bad will happen.
my mates bike got his tires slashed when thieves couldnt steal his bike (stupidly big bike lock)
and my bike got stolen from a secure storage unit (a locked room) in my uni halls.
needless to say i spent 150 GBP on a kryptonite lock, and i am never leaving my bike out of my view. i sleep with it in my bed.
i am not joking.

I'm like that too, it doesn't stay in the garage it always in my room or my basement.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
bike-r wrote:
wrap some wire round the saddle, then just get a car battery and wire it up to it.

oli
thank you for contributing to this thread.
i never knew a 12 year old could be so knowledgeable.Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
bike-r wrote:

oli

isn't it past your bedtime.

lol weld the chain with no lock ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

and i got a kryptonite aswell.

and take your 1500 dollar bike to school but don't cry when someone nicks it.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:09 Quote
marquis wrote:
bike-r wrote:

oli

Or pieces of it, just take the bus for cripes sake, no one likes to hear some kid cry about how someone stole his bike cuz he was dumb enough to bring it to school and leave it un-attended for long periods of time... locked or not...no one likes a cry baby, so save us the trouble and leave your bike at home...

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
odin333 wrote:
giantrider93 wrote:
ya becouse kids in school just walk around with angle grinders plasma cuters and big bold cuterts

lol i actually laughed at that. but yeah, most of the time they don't cut the locks. i've personally tried to cut a lock (my stupid sister decided to lock my bike to a post in the garage). it was a pink wal-mart lock and i was using bolt cutters with about 3/4 arms. it took me nearly a half hour to get half way through the lock then i gave up. They just listen to the lock most of the time since everyone uses wal-mart ones that you can literally hear the thing click into place when you put your ear to it.
my dad tought me that wen i was like 6-7

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
marquis wrote:
bike-r wrote:

oli

ever heard of a joke?

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
ok dude chill man,have you ever heard of a joke i knew you were being sarcastic.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
well i take my demo 8 to school but my schoool is only 7-9 and i could kick anybvodies ass so it dosnt get stolentup

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
pong wrote:
well i take my demo 8 to school but my schoool is only 7-9 and i could kick anybvodies ass so it dosnt get stolentup

plus, youve got a picture that shows you holding a gun. that right there is enough to make me not wanna steal your bike. i dont know about the other kids at your school, but i think getting shot would suck.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
hahaha oh yeha i hunt though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010618
Mobile Version of Website