Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 17:58 Quote
Curious about this, I have a Dec 2022 x2 on one bike and just bought a 2021 X2 to swap into my son's new Levo Carbon. So are you guys saying I can send 'em in and essentially get a new '24 even if it is not yet showing any problem signs?

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 7:14 Quote
backinmysaddle wrote:
Curious about this, I have a Dec 2022 x2 on one bike and just bought a 2021 X2 to swap into my son's new Levo Carbon. So are you guys saying I can send 'em in and essentially get a new '24 even if it is not yet showing any problem signs?

Essentially yes, although in my case not a new shock just upgraded internals.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 7:21 Quote
I can't speak on that, as I only sent in shocks that were having issues.

my first shock had some aeration that I didn't know about and it got upgraded, later replaced when the upgrade did nothing (first round of upgrades that didn't address aeration). I originally sent it in to be re-valved with a medium comp/rebound

my other shock I sent in had a lack of small bump compliance that I sent in for a service, hoping that would smooth things out, not specifically anything to do with the issues in these shocks and they just replaced it.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2023 at 11:57 Quote
I sent mine in for an annual service ( I would normally do myself, but I saw this thread), and received a MY24 back free of charge. Dropped it off at Fox Canada last Thursday, got it today in the mail :-)

Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 3:10 Quote
Hello all!

I just bought one X2 standar not trunnion, and it was aerated from the box.
I sent it to fox dealer and we are waiting for new updated internals to come.

I am wondering if the aerated problem is solved after the update?
Do you have any personal experience?

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 12:53 Quote
KonstantinosD wrote:
Hello all!

I believe there were 2 different internal upgrades

The first upgrade does not fix aeration, I know from first hand experience

The 2nd upgrade includes new seals that supposedly address it.

Posted: Nov 24, 2023 at 2:27 Quote
I purchased a used 2023 Turbo Levo with a 2022 X2... the bike only had 200 miles on it. The shock has some fluid on the stanchion which might seem normal?

I'm taking a gamble and sending the shock in for a warranty service. Hoping it gets replaced.

Posted: Nov 25, 2023 at 1:50 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
KonstantinosD wrote:
Hello all!

I believe there were 2 different internal upgrades

The first upgrade does not fix aeration, I know from first hand experience

The 2nd upgrade includes new seals that supposedly address it.
Oh, so the main concern is that what kind of upgrade will the fox dealer here in Greece use.

At a question of mine about how much time will the repair take, he answered that we are waiting for the internals to come.
Not a nice treatment for a company like fox.

Fingers crossed…

Posted: Nov 25, 2023 at 8:51 Quote
KonstantinosD wrote:
At a question of mine about how much time will the repair take, he answered that we are waiting for the internals to come.

Fingers crossed…

You being in Greece I don't see what the big deal is with waiting for the correct replacement parts to come in, especially when the said fixes have gone through several iterations.
If I were you, I would be mindful of pushing and rushing the dealer too much for the fear of them performing the repairs with whatever parts they have on hand just to get you off of their backs!

Posted: Nov 25, 2023 at 19:05 Quote
VentureBr0 wrote:
I purchased a used 2023 Turbo Levo with a 2022 X2... the bike only had 200 miles on it. The shock has some fluid on the stanchion which might seem normal?

I'm taking a gamble and sending the shock in for a warranty service. Hoping it gets replaced.

Update, spoke to Fox and they said they'll replace my shock with a new one. Awesome customer service.

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 7:25 Quote
I got the 2024 X2 Factory back on my Kenevo SL they replaced my failed 2022 with. It was an off the shelf model, but its been fantastic. Funny enough the rebuilt 2023 I took off my Niner WFO and used on my 2023 Intense Tracer failed again, this time they are sending a brand new 2024 model. The sad part is they are completely out of stock and I need to wait for them to get more in at the Nevada Service Center. I will know more next week.

The positive note is the 2024 on my Kenevo SL has been flawless since I put it on after getting it back. I have several long hard rides on it with no issues what so ever.

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 15:19 Quote
prezendes wrote:
I got the 2024 X2 Factory back on my Kenevo SL they replaced my failed 2022 with. It was an off the shelf model, but its been fantastic. Funny enough the rebuilt 2023 I took off my Niner WFO and used on my 2023 Intense Tracer failed again, this time they are sending a brand new 2024 model. The sad part is they are completely out of stock and I need to wait for them to get more in at the Nevada Service Center. I will know more next week.

The positive note is the 2024 on my Kenevo SL has been flawless since I put it on after getting it back. I have several long hard rides on it with no issues what so ever.

Shit, what size is your shock and how long did it take to receive the first one?

How about the second one?

I'm about to send in my 210x55 this week. I'm wondering how long I'll be down for.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 6:10 Quote
16rally wrote:
KonstantinosD wrote:

Fingers crossed…

You being in Greece I don't see what the big deal is with waiting for the correct replacement parts to come in, especially when the said fixes have gone through several iterations.
If I were you, I would be mindful of pushing and rushing the dealer too much for the fear of them performing the repairs with whatever parts they have on hand just to get you off of their backs!
It was just my first and my last question.
I do not like to rush people.
I have one float x also so everything is fine for me.

You have right at your last sentence.

Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 4:40 Quote
Just adding my plus one to this thread. My shock is 18 months old. It blew oil everywhere. Sent it in to fox and they replaced with a brand new 24 version. Took less than a week door to door.

Amazing service!

Posted: Dec 5, 2023 at 10:25 Quote
Finally I got my x2 back with the updated internals.
Hope everything is going well now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039514
Mobile Version of Website