Powered by Outside

wat is the best drink to get you pumped before riding

PB Forum :: Downhill
wat is the best drink to get you pumped before riding
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Here's a fairly legitimate source. Scroll down a bit. Your mom is talking out her @ss.
http://www.forensicnursemag.com/articles/391clinical.html

Alright, problem solved.
i still won't drink it.

I should add that Yellow #5 is used in tens of thousands of other products. In fact this makes me MUCH more of an authority than your mother. I use Yellow #5 on an almost daily basis. It is a dye. That's it. This is a childish rumor with absolutely zero basis in fact.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
Alright. Got some monster today. $2.99 for a can, or two cans for $2. Don't ask...

Anyways, I drank one before riding home. Tasted like crap, but, hey, PB told me it worked, so I drank it. About ten minutes after it was done, I was thirsty. I rode home feeling sluggish, and annoyed that the drink apparently did shit all. I got home mixed the other can with some Canadian Club, cause there's no other liqueur around, and sat down to drink. Drinking it now. Tastes better, and still hasn't done anything as for energy.

Fail.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Alright. Got some monster today. $2.99 for a can, or two cans for $2. Don't ask...

Anyways, I drank one before riding home. Tasted like crap, but, hey, PB told me it worked, so I drank it. About ten minutes after it was done, I was thirsty. I rode home feeling sluggish, and annoyed that the drink apparently did shit all. I got home mixed the other can with some Canadian Club, cause there's no other liqueur around, and sat down to drink. Drinking it now. Tastes better, and still hasn't done anything as for energy.

Fail.

its common knowledge that energy drinks makes you crash. the only one ive had that hasnt made me crash is 5 hour energy.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
energy drinks dont make me hyper really and make me feel wide awake, they just give me energy when I need to use it. for explample i was really tired and bought some rockstar and didnt think it did anything. I got home in less than 5 minutes
and like wow my interent juust crashed and i had to 'restore session' and it had everyhitng i wrote
WOOP
anyways ill try and get my hands on some caffeine tablets they sound good

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
reignxrider wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Fail.

its common knowledge that energy drinks makes you crash. the only one ive had that hasnt made me crash is 5 hour energy.

It didn't make me crash, it did absolutely nothing. No sugar high, no buzziness, no hyperness. Just hype.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:
reignxrider wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Fail.

It didn't make me crash, it did absolutely nothing. No sugar high, no buzziness, no hyperness. Just hype.
expect the best and hype yourself up after you take one. thats what i do, same thing with working out. its all mental

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
reignxrider wrote:
sherbet wrote:
reignxrider wrote:

expect the best and hype yourself up after you take one. thats what i do, same thing with working out. its all mental

Didn't hype myself, didn't expect anything great. I'm not the sort that gets pumped on drinks, apparently. However, CC and Monster make you drunk. I'm testing that one right now. Keep you posted!

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
i just use those powerbar energy bars for me, they make me less hungry and give me energy, that with a combination with Gatorade is the best. works kick @ss for me.

yearly i do a 50 km bike ride, i take 2-3 powerbars, my bike, my helmet and my camelback. i stuff the powerbars in my camelback and ride. about every 10km there is a station for fruit and gatorade, i just eat the powerbars for energy and drink the gatorade if i'm thirsty.
works flawless.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
i just use those powerbar energy bars for me, they make me less hungry and give me energy, that with a combination with Gatorade is the best. works kick @ss for me.

yearly i do a 50 km bike ride, i take 2-3 powerbars, my bike, my helmet and my camelback. i stuff the powerbars in my camelback and ride. about every 10km there is a station for fruit and gatorade, i just eat the powerbars for energy and drink the gatorade if i'm thirsty.
works flawless.

You're gonna get yourself dehydrated some day. You're consuming too many electrolytes. If you're eating enough then just drink water.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
if you need a drink to pump you up before riding, than you should just quit the sport. i ride to get pumped up. it makes me feel better than anything else in the world. 2 cents 2 cents 2 cents

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
if you need a drink to pump you up before riding, than you should just quit the sport. i ride to get pumped up. it makes me feel better than anything else in the world. 2 cents 2 cents 2 cents

this guy is genus!!!
i totally agree.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

works flawless.

You're gonna get yourself dehydrated some day. You're consuming too many electrolytes. If you're eating enough then just drink water.

i'm actually quite hydrated. if i just filled that thing full of water id be definatly dehydrated, plus Gatorade tastes good.
i have a back up waterbottle that i occasionally drink.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008480
Mobile Version of Website