Powered by Outside

The Disappointing BMX Products Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The Disappointing BMX Products Thread
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
integral-rider69 wrote:
personally I was pretty disapointed in my half link, like really i only weight 100-110 pounds and i took one good pedals and it snaped and smashed my knee off of my stem, And i was quite disapointed in my kink relife stem it ovelized my stear tube

that would be your fault for not keeping your headset tight. thats the only way it would happen.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:20 Quote
pedalpusher01 wrote:
integral-rider69 wrote:
personally I was pretty disapointed in my half link, like really i only weight 100-110 pounds and i took one good pedals and it snaped and smashed my knee off of my stem, And i was quite disapointed in my kink relife stem it ovelized my stear tube

that would be your fault for not keeping your headset tight. thats the only way it would happen.

Ignorant post.

Preloading the headset and ovalising the steerer are two very different things. It's caused by clamping the stem too hard.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:25 Quote
sherbet wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
integral-rider69 wrote:

Ignorant post.

Preloading the headset and ovalising the steerer are two very different things. It's caused by clamping the stem too hard.
relifes are just know to do that to stear tubes

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Relief.
same thing

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
konarider187 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Relief.
same thing

Not quite. Salute

It's called a typo Sherb, relax Razz

sherbet wrote:
konarider187 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Relief.
same thing

Not quite. Salute
we were on the topic and it was close so its the SAME THING

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
integral-rider69 wrote:

Ignorant post.

your right, i just read it wrong. i thought it said headtube as oppose to steertube.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
That makes more sense.

And yeah, the relief wasn't too great.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
framd0 wrote:
i have had no problems with my edwins, they only just wore out after 4months. and i ride almost every day.
going to get another pair soon
also i reckon the kmc kool chain is very nice

i think griswalds are absolute SHIT, they feel like crap and wear out in about a week
have had my griswalds for about 1 month they are far from being wore down and they feel amazing.
can't bash a product because it didn't work out for you.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
framd0 wrote:
i have had no problems with my edwins, they only just wore out after 4months. and i ride almost every day.
going to get another pair soon
also i reckon the kmc kool chain is very nice

i think griswalds are absolute SHIT, they feel like crap and wear out in about a week
have had my griswalds for about 1 month they are far from being wore down and they feel amazing.
can't bash a product because it didn't work out for you.
The only thing I'll bash about Griswalds, is that 2 pairs just spontanously(sp?) ripped on me over night. Other than that they were comfy, and lasted me about 3 months, of on and off riding.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
a couple of people at my local also had griswalds, they wore out quickly for them too

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 4:04 Quote
My griswalds have been holding up for 2-3 months now

their in pretty much mint condition

However my mate wore through his in like a month.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
aljonn30 wrote:
chrisispringles wrote:
Oddessey linear slic cables have got to be the worst thing ever. The outers are almost impossible to cut, the inners stretch like f*ck nd the coloured coating falls off.

Also AVOID PROFILE FLUSH BOLTS LIKE THE PLAGUE! they just chew straight up nd never hold the crank on tight so it hits the frame.

the profile flushbolts are awesome. and how does the crank hit the frame if its not tight?? that doesnt make sense, the cranks have to be tight to hit the frame. also if the cranks hit the frame use spacers

because if its not tight it wobbles on the axle nd hits the frame

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019366
Mobile Version of Website