Powered by Outside

MTB game!

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
runner wrote:
I think this is a sick idea but they couldn't put too much into it- I think DJ would be pretty wierd to do in a video game. If it was just DH/FR w/ slopepestyle and a bit of 4x in there it would be sick.

Competition mode where you ride set courses, and free roam mode where you ride up the lift, then down DH trails, and you can ride over to the boneyard or Aline or the 4x course like you do at any resort like whistler... mmmmmmmmmmm Fab

Well, the free roam mode would be quite interesting. Maybe something that's based on Motocross Madness' free roam mode, only with downhill instead of jumps.

As regards Street/Dirt/Park, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX would be a good engine to work upon.

It's true that fitting too much in a single game might result difficult and maybe even a bad choice, but that would be the best way to have a big share of the market.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
ive got mtb adrenalen and its a challeging game but the graphics are alright

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
dont use dave mirra bmx engine, whats the point in using old engines for new game ideas.... thikn about it, Skate was a new engine, and its amazing, they need to try something different for this

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
I think the Dave Mirra engine is quite alright. It only needs some modifies.
Haven't played Skate though, might be good. I believe EA and/or THQ are capable of creating a way better engine than the Dave Mirra's one.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
401-401 wrote:
Haven't played Skate though, might be good. I believe EA and/or THQ are capable of creating a way better engine than the Dave Mirra's one.

The skate engine is much more realistic, no 100 foot quadruple backflips like tony hawk or whatever.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
ya i friggen hate that in games when u can do shit that is never possible its gay

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
runner wrote:
401-401 wrote:

The skate engine is much more realistic, no 100 foot quadruple backflips like tony hawk or whatever.

Yer i agree, realism a key thing modern game developers are bringing back in, id rather play a game that i could myself doin it than being able to do redicualas things that are impossible in real life.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
like 200 foot cliffs to flat like in downhill domination haha

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
When people e-mail freeride entertainment, tell them that since many riders have down-time (winter/injuries) and have jack-all to do other than watch movies and play video games they would want a video game that will be fun to play time and time again. And since almost any rider that plays a video game will buy a good mountain bike one. And more people will buy it since you cannot copy a game disc like you can a DVD disc and you can't upload parts of the game to youtube, etc, etc.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
Fatass-of-oz wrote:
When people e-mail freeride entertainment, tell them that since many riders have down-time (winter/injuries) and have jack-all to do other than watch movies and play video games they would want a video game that will be fun to play time and time again. And since almost any rider that plays a video game will buy a good mountain bike one. And more people will buy it since you cannot copy a game disc like you can a DVD disc and you can't upload parts of the game to youtube, etc, etc.

Why don't you email that?

did you?

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
mkirk05 wrote:
like 200 foot cliffs to flat like in downhill domination haha
that game is fun and all but it doesnt get you pumped like NWD vids
you play the game and are like "If I tryed this I would DIE ,but worst of all my bike would break
and if you unlocked brian lopes and his hard tail that make you feel more like shit Frown

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
The more people e-mail the more will get done. I did e-mail them and it would work better if everyone here e-mailed something vaguely similar

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
e-mail dem do it
Smile

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
I think that THQ should make a combination of MX vs. ATV games and Tony Hawk American Wasteland. For trails and free ride and stuff, I think it would be good if it were like MX vs ATV. But for street/park I think that Tony Hawk American Wasteland did pretty well with the BMX. If they made it more realestic and more tricks, it would be pretty fun. Plus with American Wasteland, I like doing things like linking backflips with tailwhips or barspins and stuff... also using the tire taps on anything is pretty fun, and could come close to adding trials to a game as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012963
Mobile Version of Website