Powered by Outside

Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 5:07 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Ampfrog wrote:
Canadmos wrote:
If it's that concerning, perhaps private message him? Or visit the help page and open a ticket? That might be more constructive rather than posting that stuff publicly and where Canadaka might not even read it.

I mean for all this talk about security and privacy, it's surprising to see that your profile is set to public.

This has nothing to do with the person posting the data. This has everything to do with how the data is handled and stored (and apparently displayed to whoever wants the info).

Let's say instead of trails ridden, it's credit card info that you pay for the subscription with. Now everyone can see the details of your credit card in someone else's public profile. Still ok with this bug?

You'd be daft if you think anyone would be ok with that.

All I am saying is that posting about it on a forum is perhaps not the best venue for getting it addressed, especially when they have an actual ticketing and help system available.

This forum is literally called "Trailforks.com Bug Reports" Rolleyes

I'd rather talk directly to the developers than the customer service due to enterprise-level SDE and FEE experience.

Also keeping it public for full disclosure to the customer base. Last I checked, wasn't employed by TF, don't need to sweep it under the rug to help their bottom line.

How many companies do you know of have had data breaches in the past 10 years? There's been a few...

And TF is more secure than those companies in spite of the bugs mentioned?

And yeah, I'm still rocking a free public profile/account. Any data provided is already available on the internet.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 6:21 Quote
Ampfrog wrote:
Canadmos wrote:
Ampfrog wrote:

This has nothing to do with the person posting the data. This has everything to do with how the data is handled and stored (and apparently displayed to whoever wants the info).

Let's say instead of trails ridden, it's credit card info that you pay for the subscription with. Now everyone can see the details of your credit card in someone else's public profile. Still ok with this bug?

All I am saying is that posting about it on a forum is perhaps not the best venue for getting it addressed, especially when they have an actual ticketing and help system available.

I'd rather talk directly to the developers than the customer service due to enterprise-level SDE and FEE experience.

Also keeping it public for full disclosure to the customer base. Last I checked, wasn't employed by TF, don't need to sweep it under the rug to help their bottom line.

How many companies do you know of have had data breaches in the past 10 years? There's been a few...

And yeah, I'm still rocking a free public profile/account. Any data provided is already available on the internet.

All I'm saying is their ticket system exists and you're choosing not to use it. Do you think they have a bunch of customer service people sitting there waiting for tickets? lol I doubt it, not from my experience.

photo

Posted: May 16, 2024 at 6:39 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Ampfrog wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

All I'm saying is their ticket system exists and you're choosing not to use it. Do you think they have a bunch of customer service people sitting there waiting for tickets? lol I doubt it, not from my experience.

photo

Didn't want to rely on customer service as noted previously, and you just stated customer service probably aren't even there waiting for tickets. So yeah, will just stick with this forum, thanks! Cool

Posted: May 24, 2024 at 5:28 Quote
Tried to post a rating in both Chrome and Firefox to https://www.trailforks.com/trails/baked-bean/, but the grey "translate" flag pops up far to the right on-hover and clicking the link does nothing. Rate link is inaccessible. Might be related to new trails, old trails "rate" are still accessible.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2024 at 18:10 Quote
Since that outage last night, map images are no longer rendering/showing.

Posted: May 31, 2024 at 1:32 Quote
Hi, I need to change my email linked to the account, and I've been unable to do so for months. Before, it was giving me an error "an account already exists", probably because I tried to change it to an email that I've used with Trailforks before.
So I gave up at some point.

I've tried it once again today using Trailforks' user profile page and was greeted with this error after pressing "send":

^Outside error: GaiaGPSService: Failed to update user email. Status code: 404. Error: {"detail":"Not found."} GaiaGPSService: Failed to update user email. Status code: 404. Error: {"detail":"Not found."}

Would someone please help me? With no ability to change email, I cannot receive notifications from Trailforks. Thank you!

Posted: May 31, 2024 at 5:07 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Since that outage last night, map images are no longer rendering/showing.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2024 at 5:23 Quote
Also when on the edit page, the submit button and note input box at the bottom are off the page - it looks like its being pushed down off screen by the scheduled maintenance banner?

Posted: Jun 2, 2024 at 20:14 Quote
New linked videos (youtube in this case) posted this weekend do not show thumbnails on trail pages or video list tabs.

Video is clickable, but has small play button showing instead; embedded video still plays fine on video player page.

- https://www.trailforks.com/region/prescott/videos/
- https://www.trailforks.com/trails/trampus/
- https://www.trailforks.com/trails/the-virginian/

Posted: Jun 2, 2024 at 20:15 Quote
Ampfrog wrote:
Tried to post a rating in both Chrome and Firefox to https://www.trailforks.com/trails/baked-bean/, but the grey "translate" flag pops up far to the right on-hover and clicking the link does nothing. Rate link is inaccessible. Might be related to new trails, old trails "rate" are still accessible.

Quick note, was able to click link and rate the trail on Android chrome browser since that data box is above the description, but still unable to access link via desktop Chrome/Firefox browsers; translate hover box for description may be too wide, overflowing over the trail data box to the left when side by side in larger browser.

Posted: Jun 4, 2024 at 6:42 Quote
Ampfrog wrote:
New linked videos (youtube in this case) posted this weekend do not show thumbnails on trail pages or video list tabs.

Video is clickable, but has small play button showing instead; embedded video still plays fine on video player page.

- https://www.trailforks.com/region/prescott/videos/
- https://www.trailforks.com/trails/trampus/
- https://www.trailforks.com/trails/the-virginian/

Noticing this as well

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2024 at 7:00 Quote
Polygons - when I uncheck the "published" box and submit, it doesn't actually unpublish the polygon.

When I refresh the map or go back to the region, the polygon is visible again. If I edit it again, the published box is checked.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
I see there's still issues with Norwegian letters ÅØÆ in image description. This means I have to manually paste it or correct it, as Trailforks doesn't import it correctly.

For example:
Romsåsen becomes RomsÃ¥sen.

This has been going on for a long time. I reported this long ago. maybe 1 or 2 years ago.
I know there might be other things to prioritise, but this one is an annoying issue, that should have a high priority.
As I'm Norwegian I deal with these letters very often.

O+
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Gravelben wrote:
Gravelben wrote:
I think I've mentioned this before without any response, but for some reason trail names don't display on the map for dark blue trails (advanced grade in NZ grading system).

Names display for every other grade/colour, but never for dark blue.

Its the same for both the app and website, and doesn't matter how much you zoom in/out.

Screenshot to demonstrate:

Trailforks screenshot demonstrating how names don t display on map for dark blue trails.

Any response to this one?

Bumping this one again in case anyone bothers to respond this time.

Another bump for another month without a response.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015280
Mobile Version of Website