Powered by Outside

STP: General Discussion

PB Forum :: Giant
STP: General Discussion
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
will-vernon wrote:
Hi, i got my 2008 giant stp 0 at christmas and am having real hard time with my drivetrain, I've already gone through 3 rear mech's and 2 mech hangers so ive had enoguh and decided to convert to single speed. Just wondering if this conversion kit would work with a stock ginat (i think??) hub http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/109614.html.
And also was wondering what the ratio 38:14 would be like?

thanks
its gona be hard.
and any single spee conversion kit will work, i have some for sale lol

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
devon2493 wrote:
will-vernon wrote:
Hi, i got my 2008 giant stp 0 at christmas and am having real hard time with my drivetrain, I've already gone through 3 rear mech's and 2 mech hangers so ive had enoguh and decided to convert to single speed. Just wondering if this conversion kit would work with a stock ginat (i think??) hub http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/109614.html.

thanks
its gona be hard.

what u mean, hard as in hard work like gear 1,2 and 3 or hard as in gear 5+

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
will-vernon wrote:
devon2493 wrote:
will-vernon wrote:

thanks
its gona be hard.

what u mean, hard as in hard work like gear 1,2 and 3 or hard as in gear 5+
ihave no idea what u mean by that, but
sprocket 38 divided by rear cog 14 = number then times this by 26(your wheel inch) this gives u a number of 70.
shoudl aim for around 55. any abovve is harder bigger top speed, any below is easyier lower top speed.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
38:16 is a good ratio and unless you get the perfect ratio then you are going to need a tensioner, you could get the dmr ss conversion kit with the tensioner

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
I think 34:16 is a good starting point for first time single speeders, as it gives a goo base. Its not to hard but not to easy, also rear cogs are inexpensive so its easy to play around till you find are ratio you are comfortable with.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
stprider08 wrote:
I think 34:16 is a good starting point for first time single speeders, as it gives a goo base. Its not to hard but not to easy, also rear cogs are inexpensive so its easy to play around till you find are ratio you are comfortable with.

agreed i started here then moved to 34-14 then finally 28-13 for now i mite go to 25-10 Razz its mostly personal preference

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:13 Quote
can i post my giant brass 1 in here since its similar to the stp and the brass thread is dead?

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
You're funny, I am still going to post it.
photo

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:24 Quote
Congrats on posting your bike in the wrong thread lol

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
brokentapedeck wrote:
I just saved a ton on my auto insurance
let me guess you switched to Geico Beer

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
motostu93 wrote:
brokentapedeck wrote:
some thing like that lol

Hay as of tomorrow that STP frame is gone. I am replacing it with a Blk Mrkt.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 23:04 Quote
brokentapedeck wrote:
motostu93 wrote:
brokentapedeck wrote:
some thing like that lol

Hay as of tomorrow that STP frame is gone. I am replacing it with a Blk Mrkt.
yeah no problem is just spent all my saved up money on a new ipod and dslr camera

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
What camera did you get?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011419
Mobile Version of Website