Powered by Outside

Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 12:32 Quote
On my 2016 cf jeffsy the paint is impressively ok but the overall aesthetic is bad. Everything that could unstick and rip did, protective stickers, bb and chain stay protections, even the little aluminium thing close to the ring. But hey, it is still a ton of fun, it doesn't look like it but this light frame is pretty tough (no longer so light bikes nowaday).

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 6:07 Quote
Tommy-P87 wrote:
I've had my aluminium frame for a few years now and it's taken a real beating, had some big crashes, done quite a few uplift days and a trip to Morzine and it's still great, paintwork is battered but can't fault the frame. What's the difference between painting carbon to aluminium?

Easier because you can use paint stripper on an alloy frame

Posted: May 1, 2023 at 15:29 Quote
Hi All,

Has anyone found a nail polish that is a good color match to that mk1 aluminum Jeffsy gray? YT does not sell that touch up paint anymore.

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 28, 2023 at 22:03 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:
robbie-R wrote:
On another note, why did YT put 175mm cranks on a medium? If I'm pedaling up a switch back I'll hit the ground with the inside pedal. I may look at switching to 170mm crank arms.

Probably they get parts cheap when they order and store thousands(?) of exact same components, so they spec same part for all sizes to reduce number of different components.

If you plan going on shorter cranks, I'd go directly 165mm, or I did actually, on both mk1 and mk2 that I have. The 165mm cranks haveworked very well and I haven't noticed any real downsides...

I also went 165. Didnt really noticed much of a difference pedaling. Also set the hta to the "high" positions. I dont get many pedal strikes at all...cant remember the last one.

Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 9:09 Quote
I'm thinking of selling my jeffsy to get an e bike..I'm just waiting on spinal surgery and at 52 I'm getting no younger...the question is I really don't know what it's worth.
It's a jeffsy base 29er 2020
Sram code r brakes
Hope fortus wheels mullet
Fox performance elite forks
Dvo jade x coil shock
210mm one up dropper
One up EDC tool

Posted: Jul 12, 2023 at 23:02 Quote
Otcapra wrote:
I'm thinking of selling my jeffsy to get an e bike..I'm just waiting on spinal surgery and at 52 I'm getting no younger...the question is I really don't know what it's worth.
It's a jeffsy base 29er 2020
Sram code r brakes
Hope fortus wheels mullet
Fox performance elite forks
Dvo jade x coil shock
210mm one up dropper
One up EDC tool
You scanned the classifieds right?
Use bikeflights.com for shipping.
Go mid of what u saw in buy/sell

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 9:28 Quote
Thanks jrocksdh...yeah,checked classifieds.
Just struggling to find a realistic price..it's so well specced ,and I just had shock and fork serviced and all bearings.
I've considered putting it back to stock then selling the components separate.
The only original part of the bike is the frame

Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 14:22 Quote
Hey guys im thinking of buying a yt jeffsy core 2 but am right in between the recommended sizes measuring 6ft/183cm should i go L or XL

Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 18:35 Quote
Depends on the feel you want. I was right between m and l, went large and am happy with that. I've never felt the bike was too big for me. I have long arms and inseam for my height, fwiw.

Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 14:39 Quote
I'm 5' 11, late last year the Aussie supplier to our part's was running an insane deal on the XL. I was a little unsure, as my then current bike was a L Mk I Jeffsy, but brought a Core 3.

They since had the same deal on the L, but I've no regrets, and I've never felt like the bike is too big. But in saying that I have put a 40mm stem on and tend to run the seat forward slightly.

It all depends on what you are after, do you like the feel of smaller or bigger bikes?

Posted: Aug 23, 2023 at 15:04 Quote
I'm 5'11" and went with an XL and really like it. But I spent a lot of time thinking about how I felt on my old bike, comparing its's geometry and measurements to other bikes in a spreadsheet with notes. Basically, I wanted longer reach so I wouldn't be so far over the bars at certain points and to feel more "in" the bike than on top. The XL is really nice, all my prep paid off and it fits great. I definitely feel the size but haven't lost any maneuverability. So far, I will only be swapping out the 175mm cranks for my 150's and a 30T oval chainring to perfect the fit and feel.

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 7:10 Quote
I want to buy an YT Jeffsy 29 and I would like to know how low can you lower the seat before the tire hits the seat at full compression.

Can someone do it and then:
- measure the distance from the seat to the frame.
- measure the seat to the floor (with the shock at full extension).

Thank you.

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 7:11 Quote
Red4750 wrote:
I want to buy an YT Jeffsy 29 and I would like to know how low can you lower the seat before the tire hits the seat at full compression.

Thank you.

SIZE M if possible.

Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 11:21 Quote
Red4750 wrote:
Red4750 wrote:

Thank you.

SIZE M if possible.

On my size M mk1, so low seat angle, with a fully inserted reverb (I am lucky) the seat does not touch the tire when fully compressed (but my butt could while adjusting to 29"!).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013898
Mobile Version of Website