Powered by Outside

Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 8:28 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Anyone know how high the snow line on Fromme is right now?

As of Monday it had thawed up to St.Georges/climb trail area. Snow was still deep after the switchback on the way to 7th. 7th was about 2/3 ride-able.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 at 21:21 Quote
Is there a site/group for riders to coordinate rides to the mountain or shuttle runs?

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 17:40 Quote
Check out "Trail Shredders: A Vancouver mountain bike club" on Facebook. I haven't seen shuttle rides posted but people often post where they will ride in case anyone wants to join them

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 21:05 Quote
sitobello wrote:
Check out "Trail Shredders: A Vancouver mountain bike club" on Facebook. I haven't seen shuttle rides posted but people often post where they will ride in case anyone wants to join them

Thanks! Requested to join.

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 8:28 Quote
Are there any north shore freeride trials left beside salvation? Because after riding that I am hooked

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Coleshore wrote:
Are there any north shore freeride trials left beside salvation? Because after riding that I am hooked

Upper oilcan, boundary, pipeline, OLD Expresso, Bookwus, OLD Dales, lower ladies, Immonater

Almost everything on Cypress

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
Coleshore wrote:

Can someone enlighten me as to what "freeride" trails are compared to others? (honest question not trolling)

O+
Posted: May 18, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
kinlodesigns wrote:
Coleshore wrote:

Can someone enlighten me as to what "freeride" trails are compared to others? (honest question not trolling)

In this context, he's talking about trails with significant skinnies/wood work.

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 18:54 Quote
Upper Oil Can will test you. Boundary as well.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 2:52 Quote
Looking to extend this year's Whistler holiday with a week of riding the shore. I'm traveling alone and would need to rent a trail bike. Ideally stay for 7 days in the same place. Any recommendations where to stay? Ideally a hostel or social place to meet other bikers. Smile

PS: Also, is it usually crazy busy on Canada day? Just checked some places that I found and everything seems to be booked out that weekend. Frown

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 7:24 Quote
There's no bike hotel type of deal in NV. AirBNB is the best bet. And unfortunately it's really busy then. Maybe try to Deep cove which is less busy?

Post before you come and usually there are rides

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
mobweb wrote:
Looking to extend this year's Whistler holiday with a week of riding the shore. I'm traveling alone and would need to rent a trail bike. Ideally stay for 7 days in the same place. Any recommendations where to stay? Ideally a hostel or social place to meet other bikers. Smile

PS: Also, is it usually crazy busy on Canada day? Just checked some places that I found and everything seems to be booked out that weekend. Frown

Canada day is stupidly busy in Vancouver. I stay home or away from the city. Traffic is a nightmare.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:48 Quote
As long as you are staying on the shore, you won't have any trouble with crowds and mountain biking ever (other than the Fromme lot being full some weeknights and weekends during prime time -- just park down Mountain Highway at Coleman). The shore is awesome, but you should get up to Squamish as well if you haven't ridden there.. and check out Cypress as well as Fromme/Seymour.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
Im headed up there in July been dreaming of it for a long time. recommendations on camping. Ill slum it or pay for camping what is the recommendation options up there. Im willing to drive a bit either way so while we will be at fromme and seymour certainly ok to drive a bit if there is a place we can sleep, have a small van

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
Nicksand5 wrote:
Im headed up there in July been dreaming of it for a long time. recommendations on camping. Ill slum it or pay for camping what is the recommendation options up there. Im willing to drive a bit either way so while we will be at fromme and seymour certainly ok to drive a bit if there is a place we can sleep, have a small van

THere's really not much close by tbh. Porteau Cove comes to mind or Golden Ears. Not sure what else is closer that's public?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014401
Mobile Version of Website