Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
ah but do you still get the warrantyJoker

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
not really botherd to be honest, concidering i get like 40/50 pounds off. Big Grin .

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
ive learnded over the years its a 2 way street even if it means spending 5 dollars on a dozen dougnuts from timmies youll earn it back in the future

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
my lbs is pretty sweet. once i bought my p2 there and now that i frequently bring it down there for new parts and such, theyre amazing. just brought it in for new tires and a new cable on friday and get it back with a free tune up, a clean off, and a discount on the labour. plus i got it back a day early cause the mechanic said he liked my bike and think it looks sick and wanted me to be back out on it tup

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
One of my lbs is pretty good like I always go in and ride around on the new bikes, the employees watch me but they dont say a word cause they dont wanna lose a sale. I ride fully's and hardtails theres just one thing they do they lock up all the bikes over 3g's and you have to ask to get them unlocked and looked at. Its still pretty good I bunnyhop all over the place testing out forks and shocks and theve never said anything lol.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
one time i brought a sproket at my lbs, cause my old one was badly bent. They didnt had the driver size that i needed, so i order one. they told me they would get the driver in 2 weeks max. 10 days later they called me and told me they couldnt order the driver. So that realy pissed me of.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
ive never had a problem with a bike store
i went to one in edmonton and i was looking
at some full suspensions and a guy comes up to me and
asks me if i want to ride it
and im riding it around the test place and he keeps coming out
with different bikes
lol i was there for so long i must have rode every bike in the store

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
i was at my favorite shop and i wanted to buy a biking video. i was a few dollars short so the guy just let me have it for less.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
Well i'll have to see the bike shops around my area. I have that charges about 22$ for bleeding for hayes which is good but holy sh*t 32$ for sintered metallic pads... I was like WHAT... i can get them for 20$ with shipping on ebay...

Well all bike shops are like atleast 15 minutes driving damn it lol. So once i'll have experiences, i'll let you guys know Razz

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
Tastel wrote:
with different bikes
I dont think the guy was being nice.. He just wanted to you to buy it

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 23:56 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
One of my lbs is pretty good like I always go in and ride around on the new bikes, the employees watch me but they dont say a word cause they dont wanna lose a sale. I ride fully's and hardtails theres just one thing they do they lock up all the bikes over 3g's and you have to ask to get them unlocked and looked at. Its still pretty good I bunnyhop all over the place testing out forks and shocks and theve never said anything lol.

Thats rather difficult to do at my lbs.... The only non cross country bikes they have are intense, Santa cruz and foes frames :/.

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 0:18 Quote
nagelk wrote:
Tastel wrote:
with different bikes
I dont think the guy was being nice.. He just wanted to you to buy it
Well there is a connection between helpful staff and customers spending money.....

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 0:51 Quote
The shop I go to is really good I love how they know what bike i ride nd they share trials and maintenace tips with me for example I went in to buy a new fork and the guy said next taight me some tips to putting on a fork so next time I dcan put it on myslef but i still take it thier cuz he does a really good job

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 1:26 Quote
i have never payed the advertised price at my lbs i know the dudes they hook me up with up to 50% off its mint

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
wkdrider69 wrote:
i have never payed the advertised price at my lbs i know the dudes they hook me up with up to 50% off its mint

So basically they make no money....awesome. You must really like these guys a lot eh?
No shop can do that forever, or for everyone, maybe you should find a new shop and do these "dudes" a favour. Confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013006
Mobile Version of Website