Powered by Outside

Post your Starling

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Starling
Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 17:39 Quote
Well if its new bits day... picked up a KS Rage-i 190 dropper and a chromag trail master. Finally found the saddle in stock at a local shop. They have been elusive.

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
Jealous of all these nice riding days!

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 11:28 Quote
Has anyone tried 275 on their Murmur? I'm interested in it more as an experiment than anything else. Have a feeling the BB maybe too low.

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
Has anyone tried 275 on their Murmur? I'm interested in it more as an experiment than anything else. Have a feeling the BB maybe too low.

This. I wanted to try it but I don’t think I will with my 175 cranks.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 18:53 Quote
Fun to see this thread with Starling owners, it was about time we had one Smile

Here's how mine started, with Cane Creek Helm and Inline coil:

photo

I felt a little undergunned at times so beefed up the suspension front and rear, now running a Manitou Mezzer at 160mm and Ohlins coil in the back. It's very plush and rides great, lost a little pop maybe but I think I'm OK with the trade off. Also notice the patent pending mismatched master cylinders and Hope master hooked up to the Hayes slave (it's like a Shigura setup, should call it Haype? Or Hoyes?).

photo

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
fartymarty wrote:

This. I wanted to try it but I don’t think I will with my 175 cranks.

I need to measure my BB height with 120 fork (IIRC it was around 300mm) as it will give an idea if 275 will work. I'm running 175 cranks and while it's low I'm not massively smacking pedals.

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 23:24 Quote
switchback249 wrote:

photo

I felt a little undergunned at times so beefed up the suspension front and rear, now running a Manitou Mezzer at 160mm and Ohlins coil in the back. It's very plush and rides great, lost a little pop maybe but I think I'm OK with the trade off. Also notice the patent pending mismatched master cylinders and Hope master hooked up to the Hayes slave (it's like a Shigura setup, should call it Haype? Or Hoyes?).

photo

Sweet ride. I get what you mean on the Ö lacking pop as mine is the same. If I crank up the comp damping it helps but is still not as poppy as my OEM RS Debonair which I'm running st the moment.

Love they miss matched brakes. How do they work?

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
bigquotesI felt a little undergunned at times so beefed up the suspension front and rear, now running a Manitou Mezzer at 160mm and Ohlins coil in the back.

Can I ask how much you weigh? Wondering why you felt undergunned?

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
fartymarty wrote:

Sweet ride. I get what you mean on the Ö lacking pop as mine is the same. If I crank up the comp damping it helps but is still not as poppy as my OEM RS Debonair which I'm running st the moment.

Love they miss matched brakes. How do they work?

It's early to tell regarding the brakes, I ran the Hayes Dominion for a bit after I continued to have issues with my Hope calipers (sticky pistons and a leaking seal). Like the dominions a lot, very powerful but very light feel and good modulation. Don't like the look of them much though, and their adapters for shifter/dropper are pretty bad so it wasn't an ideal setup. I'll probably end up going back to Hope but maybe stepping up to the V4 calipers instead of E4.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
Lotusoperandi wrote:
bigquotesI felt a little undergunned at times so beefed up the suspension front and rear, now running a Manitou Mezzer at 160mm and Ohlins coil in the back.

Can I ask how much you weigh? Wondering why you felt undergunned?

About 180. The cane creek coil was OK, but lacking some support on rougher sections with successive hits. Same for the fork really, and I was looking for a stiffer setup. Granted, what I'm running now is probably overkill 95% of the time, but I'm not finding any major drawbacks other than a slight weight increase and a bit of a sluggish feel on flatter trails and fireroad climbs.

Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 6:51 Quote
I finally reduced the travel of my O m2 coil to 140mm and rode the other night. The process was relatively straightforward (I followed the O video on youtube). I kept the same spring which maybe a little frim for 140 - time will tell. I've set up with 20mm HS spacers and a 70mm rise bar to match the bar height I was running with 160mm travel. I rode the other night and am liking it. It's not quite as twitchy / playful as 120 up front but feels less sluggish than 160 (obvs I guess).

Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 6:53 Quote
switchback249 wrote:

photo

photo

How do you find the bottle under the top tube. I've just put a King Cage (stainless) on mine and lost a bottle on the 2nd ride (manage to find it on the ride home). I'm now running it with a charity wrist band around the bottle.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 2:08 Quote
What spring rates are people running in their rear coil shocks on their Murmurs?

I'm ~95-100kg kitted up and on a 550lb spring. After doing a few calcs (Seb's recent article) I'm thinking i'm wanting to go up to a 600.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 2:15 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
What spring rates are people running in their rear coil shocks on their Murmurs?

I'm ~95-100kg kitted up and on a 550lb spring. After doing a few calcs (Seb's recent article) I'm thinking i'm wanting to go up to a 600.

That sounds a bit soft. I am about 83kg kitted and I run a 500-610 progressive spring.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016132
Mobile Version of Website