The Disappointing BMX Products Thread
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
Sounds more like an installation issue.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
its the axle then since the crank shouldnt woble even without being tight

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Sounds more like an installation issue.

nah installed fine, they work perfectly w/ exact same stuff but without the flushbolt nd doesnt budge now, the bolt just chewed so much that it was impossible to tighten it nd threads the only bolt that has ever done that for me nd im constantly fiddlin with my bike.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 6:09 Quote
odi subliminal grips, they wore out after 3 rides very disapointing

eastern plastic pedals, no grip at all and the plastic wears out really fast

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 6:53 Quote
2010 premium bikes..Unless they just haven't posted the high end ones on their site yet.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
2010 premium bikes..Unless they just haven't posted the high end ones on their site yet.

I don't know what you were looking at, but the complete like is pretty good... Especially the Garret. It looks like a solid complete.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
The ones they have are pretty nice, but last year they had two better models which had a nicer spec than the three ring. This year the highest end complete they make is the three ring. That was the only disappointing part.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
The ones they have are pretty nice, but last year they had two better models which had a nicer spec than the three ring. This year the highest end complete they make is the three ring. That was the only disappointing part.

They are completes though... Pretty solid completes for the price they are suggesting them to retail at too...

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
Oh I know. I was just planning on getting the top end model and not having to upgrade anything. But they don't make the high end ones anymore. I should rephrase it, I'm not disappointed in the bikes they made, just in the bikes that they decided not to continue making.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
Oh I know. I was just planning on getting the top end model and not having to upgrade anything. But they don't make the high end ones anymore. I should rephrase it, I'm not disappointed in the bikes they made, just in the bikes that they decided not to continue making.

Why not just get the Garret complete, as most parts on it are pretty solid and upgrade stuff as it breaks? You don't need to be upgrading things right away...

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
That's what I'm going to do. Either that or the three ring. But I still would have preferred to get the higher end one, last years version rode awesome. It's no big deal, I just don't know why they would just cut out the two highest end bikes

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
But I still would have preferred to get the higher end one, last years version rode awesome.

Yes, I'm sure that a name-brand part as opposed to a generic taiwan-made part of the same quality has a different "ride feel"...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010605
Mobile Version of Website