Powered by Outside

Demo 8

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 16:42 Quote
are the 06/07/08 demo 8 heavy compared to say a ghiant glory old shape?? or a v-10??

thanks

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 16:54 Quote
06 demo is what i have, browse profile. my build comes in at just under 40lbs.
07/08 onwards was the new shape and lighter.

either way, both models are lighter than an old glory frame. IIRC, demos come in at 13lbs with shock, a glory is more like 15.5lbs with shock.
not sure about the weight of V10 frames, nothing a cheeky google wouldnt sort out.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 16:56 Quote
rite ok. must say the rear end of the 06 ones epecially makes them look like tanks!

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 18:55 Quote
everything about the 06 is beastly. if i could afford, id have a set of 40s up front, they completely go with the look of the demo, tempted to save for the new ones with black lowers and coating on the stanchions.

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 at 22:02 Quote
Would anyone be willing to trade their 2007 or newer demo 8 or demo 7 for my 2007 Trek Session 10? I once owned a Demo 9 and loved it, and although I frikkin love my Session, I kinda feel nostalgia and want to go back to a Demo.

[PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5590203/ size=l align=c][/PI]

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 21:29 Quote
hennerz wrote:
sheffy wrote:
Heres my 2010 Demo 8

http://sheffy.pinkbike.com/album/2010-Demo-8/

and here's a pic from that album:
photo

i must say that it is SWEEET. love the black/white colour scheme you have going. you had the frame repainted?

I like what you did with your Demo 8. I just finished boulding mine. I also pretty much switched all the parts. I see we have similar tastes! White frame with red ano accents!!!

photo

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 6:45 Quote
im guessing you mean his frame, not mine... i was just sorting the picture right.
and here's yours as you didnt set up the picture thing properly:
photo

and i must say, that is a beautiful bike. great effort on building that up Big Grin

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 17:21 Quote
hennerz wrote:
im guessing you mean his frame, not mine... i was just sorting the picture right.
and here's yours as you didnt set up the picture thing properly:
photo

and i must say, that is a beautiful bike. great effort on building that up Big Grin

Thanks!

How do you post the picture up properly? It is something I have always had trouble with.

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
when you've selected the picture, as in, you're on the page with the picture as the main object, you highlight the number at the end of the url bar, for example, the number '5912325' which is the number for the photo of your bike. basically, you click the pb photo icon, which is the one to the right of the little globe, and then enter the number of the photo.

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 19:25 Quote
hennerz wrote:
when you've selected the picture, as in, you're on the page with the picture as the main object, you highlight the number at the end of the url bar, for example, the number '5912325' which is the number for the photo of your bike. basically, you click the pb photo icon, which is the one to the right of the little globe, and then enter the number of the photo.

Ok thanks. I was putting in the entire URL!

Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 19:27 Quote
no probs man. it's just the number of the picture. i may be drunk, but i ain't stupid Big Grin

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 2:32 Quote
Hi,
\
I have a Truvativ Descendant crank set i want to use in my 2011 Demo 8 frame (83mm),
Do you know if Sram do a pf30 bottom bracket to suit the 83mm shell?

Maybe this?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51600

Also, do you know if i could use the E Thirteen pf30 bb with my Truvativ Descendant cranks?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=82796

Do these E Thirteen pf30 bearings come with a sleeve in the middle like the sram bb?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Simon

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 14:29 Quote
demo 8 is one of the best downhill/freeride bikes ever!!!!!! I just wish that not all of them had daul crown forks Smile

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 14:49 Quote
MrSpecializedJT wrote:
demo 8 is one of the best downhill/freeride bikes ever!!!!!! I just wish that not all of them had daul crown forks Smile
Dual crowns don't work on em because of the down tube so that's why you see 99% with duals

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 15:28 Quote
Straner wrote:
Dual crowns don't work on em because of the down tube so that's why you see 99% with duals

That comment completely contradicted itself, thus made no sense...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015094
Mobile Version of Website