Powered by Outside

Show me your Banshee Scream builds!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Show me your Banshee Scream builds!
Posted: May 11, 2013 at 11:48 Quote
[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o592/vunnyhop/b037c91207c3413d61475b843c1287d1.jpg[/IMG]

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
Can anyone tell me if you can put a 1.5" steer tube on the scream v2 ? Looking at getting a totem but it's a tapered fork and want to make sure it'll fit

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
Nope, the Scream V2 is 1 1/8" head tube

Posted: Jan 13, 2014 at 0:47 Quote
Legs and lungs. The Scream will make you a beast
Solid Ride

Posted: Jan 13, 2014 at 6:55 Quote
AFast wrote:
Legs and lungs. The Scream will make you a beast
Solid Ride

Shortest wheelbase, 8" rear setting, and 7" front? Those setting will give the bike a 67 degree head angle. It must be interesting to ride...

Posted: Jan 13, 2014 at 10:34 Quote
Feels like hopping around on a big BMX. 40s are set up 8" in the pic

Posted: Jan 13, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
AFast wrote:
Feels like hopping around on a big BMX. 40s are set up 8" in the pic

My mistake... for some reason it looks like they are in the 7" setting.

I can see how it would feel like a BMX lol I bet it's really fun.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 19:07 Quote
Thread full of Scream genius' just what I need. Picking up an older Scream as a bit of a project because they're awesome. My plan is just to build something bomb proof because why not?
First question is - I can fit a 26x3.0 tire on the back, correct?

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
Yes, you'll have no problem fitting a 26 x 3.0 inch tire.

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 19:12 Quote
Carrot-Top wrote:

I fit a 3.0" tire no problem.
However if you want to run the lowest gear you might have issues with it hitting the tire.
I run a single speed so I have no problem, but my chain is mighty close to my tire.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 19:51 Quote
laynehip wrote:
Carrot-Top wrote:

I fit a 3.0" tire no problem.
However if you want to run the lowest gear you might have issues with it hitting the tire.
I run a single speed so I have no problem, but my chain is mighty close to my tire.

right on. my plan is bombproof and weight is absolutely no concern. it wont be for climbing so avoiding 1st gear shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://media.snimka.bg/s1/3594/033432838.jpg

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 6:43 Quote
Time to rehash an old thread. Does anyone know the different geometry settings for the V2 frame? This is my second season on my Scream and I still can't seem to get synced up with it. I ride lift access only and I need some recommendations on best setup. Been looking for 2 days and can't find geometry info anywhere.

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
SX99 wrote:
Time to rehash an old thread. Does anyone know the different geometry settings for the V2 frame? This is my second season on my Scream and I still can't seem to get synced up with it. I ride lift access only and I need some recommendations on best setup. Been looking for 2 days and can't find geometry info anywhere.

I'd recommend having it in the 7" travel setting and longest wheelbase position. If you're using an 8" fork, this will give the bike a 65 degree head angle, 14.5" BB height, and 45.5+" wheelbase depending on what size frame you have.

There used to be a geometry chart somewhere on the internet, but I can't find it anymore.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 5:30 Quote
Carrot-Top wrote:
SX99 wrote:

I'd recommend having it in the 7" travel setting and longest wheelbase position. If you're using an 8" fork, this will give the bike a 65 degree head angle, 14.5" BB height, and 45.5+" wheelbase depending on what size frame you have.

There used to be a geometry chart somewhere on the internet, but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks for the info man that actually helped a lot. Did you have to add links to the chain to put it on the longest wheelbase?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015109
Mobile Version of Website