Powered by Outside

Teh Ultimate-Kool-Kids Bahr!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Teh Ultimate-Kool-Kids Bahr!
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
Holy craaap, there was a murder lastnight in or around the apartment building that 'm sopposed to be goin to look at on thursday. Eek
Ouch. How come you're moving?

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
Holy craaap, there was a murder lastnight in or around the apartment building that 'm sopposed to be goin to look at on thursday. Eek
I'd be rejoicing they got 'er done before you moved in Wink

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
CoD: WaW is haaaaaard on veteran. I've got to the 5th mission though, it's all about perseverance Cool

sam- wrote:
CoD: WaW is haaaaaard on veteran. I've got to the 5th mission though, it's all about perseverance Cool

I steezed through it Wink

Mod
ughhh I got stuck twice last night in the crazy deep snow on the roads in Lethbridge.. - it's so deep the bottom of my car is dragging in it and they've had it for weeks - do they not know what snow removal is? Than I ventured out to the University today to drop off some used textbooks.. the box probably weighs close to 45 pounds.. I carried it a long ways.. now I find they aren't accepting textbooks till Friday.. so I got to carry it back again.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
terri- wrote:
ughhh I got stuck twice last night in the crazy deep snow on the roads in Lethbridge.. - it's so deep the bottom of my car is dragging in it and they've had it for weeks - do they not know what snow removal is? Than I ventured out to the University today to drop off some used textbooks.. the box probably weighs close to 45 pounds.. I carried it a long ways.. now I find they aren't accepting textbooks till Friday.. so I got to carry it back again.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tojam.ca/details/images/whatdoibring_packmule.jpgGit one.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
gabor wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
Umm loots and lots of fights at home, feel like a burdon kinda. I'm at my dads right now, but my brother already lives and pays rent here. So I'll only be here for a couple days, I cashed out some shit so I guess I'm appartment hunting. And the things I can afford are like the places like where people get murdered I guess hahaha.

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
terri- wrote:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tojam.ca/details/images/whatdoibring_packmule.jpgGit one.

only reason I cam back yesterday anyways was because I had to return some stuff to the library yesterday.. and now apparently they didn't check in my crap till today so I have a bunch of late fees.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
gabor wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
Umm loots and lots of fights at home, feel like a burdon kinda. I'm at my dads right now, but my brother already lives and pays rent here. So I'll only be here for a couple days, I cashed out some shit so I guess I'm appartment hunting. And the things I can afford are like the places like where people I guess get murdered hahaha.
Haha, I'm sure other than that it's fine (unless it's in a very sketchy neighbourhood). Was it some random attack or probably drug related/similar? If it's the latter I wouldn't worry too much.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
By the sounds of it drug related or along those lines, it happend at like 2:30am and a 20 year old male suspect was arrested for murdering a 50year old male with a blunt object in his apparpment. I'll find the video of the area from today.

Edit: Click cuz I couldnt find it on youtube even though its on youtube.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
By the sounds of it drug related or along those lines, it happend at like 2:30am and a 20 year old male suspect was arrested for murdering a 50year old male with a blunt object in his apparpment. I'll find the video of the area from today.
Damn, that sucks. Still, I wouldn't worry about it too much, just don't hang around alone too late at night.

On an unrelated note, damnit I'm good at planning things. Cool If all goes well I'll have finished all my homework by midnight which is exactly the time I planned to go to sleep. No allnighter for me, that's a new one.

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
I have never resold my books back to the bookstore. You get peanuts for it and I like to keep them as reference. Some of the earlier courses I had have books that are really good at explaining basic concepts rather than a scarce explanation in the later year textbooks. I just keep them for reference. I have a bookshelf full of old texts as well as file folders and boxes full of old notes, exams, and assignments. You never know when they might become handy.

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
who sells them back to the bookstore? That's like the stupidest idea ever... We have a students booksale here in Lethbridge - basically you drop off your books on a set date and set a price. Than the people running it will sell them in a makeshift bookstore over the next week. They get to keep 10% of the price you set. Any unsold books get returned.

I keep old notes - but have never looked back on them, and the only textbooks I have ever really looked back on are German, and ones that were fun to read (so I keep them). All the rest are a waste of space.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
gabor wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
Damn, that sucks. Still, I wouldn't worry about it too much, just don't hang around alone too late at night.

On an unrelated note, damnit I'm good at planning things. Cool If all goes well I'll have finished all my homework by midnight which is exactly the time I planned to go to sleep. No allnighter for me, that's a new one.
It's not really that I'm worried about it, it's just that I don't wanna hear that crap in the middle of the night. Where I was living up until yesterday was only 2 blocks away from where that video was taken.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 13:20 Quote
terri- wrote:
who sells them back to the bookstore? That's like the stupidest idea ever... We have a students booksale here in Lethbridge - basically you drop off your books on a set date and set a price. Than the people running it will sell them in a makeshift bookstore over the next week. They get to keep 10% of the price you set. Any unsold books get returned.

I keep old notes - but have never looked back on them, and the only textbooks I have ever really looked back on are German, and ones that were fun to read (so I keep them). All the rest are a waste of space.
But its so much easier to just take them back to the campus shop and get like 75% of what you paid back or whatever it is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.068805
Mobile Version of Website